New Crestie egg incubation boxes made up!

Thought this was a brilliant idea if I do say so myself :joy:

So I brought this>
It’s a ‘Really useful box organiser’. There is 16 tubs, and they’re all 0.14litre and perfect for a clutch!

I’ve put it up on the wall of our ‘Reptile Outhouse’ so it’s out the way!

I drilled holes either side of the tubs>

Just 2 on either side as the lids aren’t air tight anyway!

I then added substrate and some sphagnum moss to keep humidity up nicely like in the braplast tub I used before!

And added a sticker to who was/is in the viv so I know when they hatch who’s eggs they are!

And here we are! Looking good!
Thought others may like to see this :blush:

And I have more room for more of them! :grin:

11 Likes

This is cool! How did you attach the boxes to the wall? Is there a shelf in just not seeing?

1 Like

The actual organiser they’re in has 4 holes to go onto the wall directly :blush:

3 Likes

There’s a shelf that they slide into. If you zoom in closely on the first picture you can see it between the tubs.

3 Likes

Like this! (Didn’t want to go take all the eggs out!)

4 Likes

OMG I was just looking at something like this but I can’t tell if the one I found mounts to the wall or not.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get yours from?

I will be using the incubator for the first few babies, but once we have more royal Python eggs (next year) then I’ll need to give the incubator back.

2 Likes

Hobby craft!
But they’re on Amazon etc also :blush:

It’s working a treat! And will hold them both when they hatch out too so I’m happy. And only £10!

2 Likes

I found them in Amazon (great for everything) I need to do a shop at Hobbycraft so I might check it out. Thanks

2 Likes

Great find! There’s only about 47 things I need a set of those for!

2 Likes

That’s alright.
I put all mine into a braplast tub usually as you know.
But I thought that was a better way, since keeps clutches separate and saves the babies hatching and jumping all over the other eggs :sweat_smile:
And I have the ‘shoebox houses’ all ready for when the next few clutches hatch too.
I’m on it this year! Haha :joy:

2 Likes

You need like eight more, and 100 more geckos :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’m definitely bookmarking this because if I ever breed crested geckos this is such an amazing idea. :ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

Shhhh don’t!
I’m trying to be good ok :joy:
I said no more buying this year! The last 3 were it… I know I said that 6 Cresties, a fat tail and a royal a go but that’s not the point! :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I also bookmarked it. :grin: With my limited space ideas like these are great.

3 Likes

What is one more gecko that you plan to breed in the future? It is called an investment :joy:!

5 Likes

That’s what I said to my husband 6 Cresties back :grin: now I need to convince him to let me have another rack :innocent: ready for all the babies I will want to keep :blush:

2 Likes

Those words in my head lead me to buy Willow :rofl:. It is the best decision I have made! But as all investments cost money, she cost $2250.00, and still haven’t looked back :rofl:.

3 Likes

That’s what I like to hear :grin:

If I don’t sell at least some Crestie offspring my husband will be cross as I’ve said they are investments, esp the lilly white & soft scales lol but I guess I only need to sell a few for that to count :yum:

2 Likes

With my breeding project I’m only gonna have to sell two or three to be able to invest even more than what I started with :grin:.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, what ever money we make from our reptiles, will go to more reptiles :grin:

I was lucky enough to have enough money to buy most of the cresties I wanted at first… Whereas I would of had to have sold Cresties before getting this far if I hadn’t of had as much money saved :grin:

I plan ahead, I will just need to prove to hubby that I can sell the offspring and not keep them all lol

We’re going to go through the snakes offspring soon, to work out who stays and who goes :flushed:

2 Likes