New genetic to be added - Cocoa Ball Python

I have the 1st cocoa gene that was a import many years ago. I have proven it out to be a co-dom gene and it has been added to world of balls list need to get it added here.

Species: Ball Python
Name of Gene: Cocoa
First produced by whom: Morphmart
Year First Produced: 2014
Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): inc-dom
In complex with other genes?:
Other names/aliases for it?:
Description:

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head:
  • Body:
  • Belly:
  • Tail:

Proven Lines:
Related Genes:

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic?
Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one?

Problems: Any problems?
History: The history behind its discovery?
Disagreement or Controversy:
References here on the community:

• At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance
  • Link to WOBP if one exists: Cocoa - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons
  • Links to the wider web.
    Please attach at least 3 photos you have rights to which you are granting to be used on MorphMarket.

5 Likes

Have you done any pairings with chocolate? is this the single gene form?

2 Likes

Thisā˜ļø That to me looks exactly like chocolate I donā€™t personally see anything that separates that from chocolate. Do you have pictures of the original imports or info on who imported them?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know any chocolate but that is the super form the other is mixed with Mojave. It was imported by my mentor way back in the. Iā€™ll add some pictures of the cocoa enchi. The belly on the cocoa are very dirty dark markings on bellies.

1 Like

To me this looks exactly like chocolate even in the combos. I think this may just be a line of chocolate I just donā€™t see anything that separates it personally.

2 Likes

Show me the belly of your chocolate

I donā€™t have any single gene chocolate in my collection all combos. Iā€™m just giving my opinion anybody can feel free to disagree.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to agree on it being chocolate or a line of.
Iā€™d you look up super chocolate and chocolate Mojaveā€™s etc they look like your lil one also. Pretty sure Chocolates have the brownish bellies too?

2 Likes

Iā€™d like someone to show me a chocolate of any combination belly to see.

Just search. Theyā€™re everywhere now, itā€™s a lovely morph I will say, the super version I prefer. :blush:

choc by leatherneck_pythons
Choc Spot by leatherneck_pythons

both by @leatherneck_pythons

2 Likes

Itā€™s the supers with brownish belly? Iā€™ve seen a few royals with darker bellies online before, thought nothing of it, looks amazing though.

I used to have a royal with a brownish belly, wasnā€™t chocolate etc though. Was a genetic banded. Probably shouldā€™ve kept her then :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly i would breed it to another chocolate, prove it out as something different or a line of chocolate.

6 Likes

That sounds like the plan i have a buddy with chocolate have to see what happens but Iā€™ve seen chocolate and they look different in person to me.

:100: agree :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I got a proven breeder male chocolate coming in tomorrow that was produced by bhb so we can prove if my cocoa is a different gene by breeding to a few cocoa females.

4 Likes

Just wondering what the outcome of this ended up being, or if youā€™ve paired him yet!

2 Likes

Been pairing the chocolate to a cocoa enchi still breeding them hopefully we will get eggs soon to prove it is itā€™s own gene.

3 Likes

Awesome! Keep us updated. I love darkening genes, so the more the better in my eyes