New Morphpedia šŸ’» Article: Indy Boa Morphs are here!

The Indy Morph is here! :star_struck:

First bred in Italy from the awesome @boaline team and sourced in the US from our good friends at @beyond_genetix, the Indy Morph is new, strong and beautiful! Meet OI (Indy), Gizmo (Hypo Indy) and Paulie (Motley Indy) with more to comeā€¦.

And until then, rock on :sunglasses::metal: ā€¦ and be excellent to each other ā€¦ :two_hearts:

(And psā€¦. BIG thank you :two_hearts: as well to @eaglereptiles @lumpy @mattcookreptiles and the whole MM team who helped us get this set up on the Market! We couldnā€™t do any of this without you :+1:!)

7 Likes

This is awesome, what beauties!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing but most of all thank you for the ā€œbe excellent to one anotherā€ statement! :heart_eyes::heart::+1::snake::wink::frog:

3 Likes

Aww thanks @caron! We are big B&T fans. We are both solidly #genx (born 1961-1981 depending on the source, but we like the NatGeo one below)ā€¦ which is another reason why we are SO excited about the Indy morph!!!

Grunge/Indy Music Labels/Indy Everything/DIY Fashion/Alternative - being Indy - was what our generation was/is all about :sunglasses::metal: We are few (statistically, we really are the smallest generation!), but we are fierce!

(And to correct my movie quote paraphrasing aboveā€¦

"be excellent to each otherā€¦ and PARTY ON, DUDES!:

#iamgenx #wearegenx #realitybites

(upload://bTfTgagiWFeXeO2SXitLoUAi33z.jpeg)

1 Like

One more note we wanted to post:

The interesting thing about the Indy gene is the way it interacts with hypo and pattern morphs. As shown here in this Hypo Indy Motley, it creates that very cool extreme striping:

(As you may be able to tell, we are just a tiny bit excited about this new Indy project :nerd_face::+1:)

8 Likes

Now that is awesome! Full striped boa looks amazing.

3 Likes

I can certainly understand your excitement! Your snake is absolutely a beauty! Since I live just south of Indy I love the name of the project! :heart::snake:

Thank you for clearing up that statement! Lol! Bill and Ted by chance? Lol! :blush::upside_down_face:

Even though I have a few years on probably most of everyone here, I am still young in heart and spirit! Snakes are my passion (pets only). Even though I have a mix, boas by far are my favorites of all the snakes I have. But I have a couple of geckos that are pretty darn cute too!

However, retics fascinate me. Aside from that, all of you guys in this community have been amazing to me! And:

PARTY ON DUDE! :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::upside_down_face::confetti_ball::tada:šŸ«¢

2 Likes

@caron that is awesome, and thank you for the kind words!

We really do love this species and are super picky during the selection (and care!) process. And totally agreed about this community! That is what we love about it too: the support for each other and the true love each person has for their animals :two_hearts:.

(And regarding age: I TRULY believe it is just a number and we are ā€œinā€ the generation with which we most identify! I would tag you as a Gen-Xer for sure :sunglasses::metal: You definitely have that rockinā€™ spirit!)

1 Like

@dsed Thank you! Yeah, this kind of thing is what we are trying to prove out with this project. Fingers crossed we can show some REALLY cool genetical :snake: results in the seasons to comeā€¦ :sunglasses::metal:

3 Likes

@voodoomagicboas Now itā€™s MY turn to say Thank You for YOUR kind words!:heart_eyes::heart::snake::frog:

1 Like

Got to hype this project right here! Saw it in person, and my goodness was I taken back. Definitely not a jungle, just super gorgeous!

2 Likes

Pretty amazing right! Im definitely excited too see this develop further

2 Likes

@dsed @lumpy

Yesssssssssā€¦ :sunglasses::metal::metal:

With lots more to comeā€¦ hoping we can get a cohort of folks who want to join in on ā€œThe Indy Initiativeā€ as launched by VMB with the above mentioned Indy Morph credited to @boaline and originally sourced in the US by @beyond_genetix!

Our planned breeding trails are going to be REALLY interesting and the marketing will be VERY cool as well: international, friendly and fun.

Ie Aaronā€™s suggestion: make the shirts with the Italian flag on one sleeve and US flag on the other :smile:. And then we brainstormed other shirts with logos of everyone who has an Indy (and who wants to participate) ā€¦ like a band tour or 5K shirt. :nerd_face:

Anywhoo, thank you for participating in this thread, all! Stay tuned with more to come with this and other VMB :green_heart::black_heart::purple_heart: projects toooā€¦ (PS: We had this logo designed via an IG logo designer; this is an actual rendition of OI, our Indy girl!)

5 Likes

This is sick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:! I love the logo!

2 Likes

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

Oh. My. Gosh. That is a truly stunning snake! Love that big wide dorsal stripe with the patterned sides, and I love all the freckles! Iā€™d love a boa like that. If that one goes missing, I definitely didnā€™t snakenap it. Honest. I swear.

3 Likes

@jawramik thank you so much!!! She truly is special. And although you canā€™t have this one (Iā€™m not saying sheā€™s lowjacked, butā€¦ :sunglasses:) our breeding plans will hopefully produce some stunners in the season ahead! Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be updating everyone here a LOT with our progress as things move forward. Thank you for the support!! We appreciate the good vibes!! :metal:

3 Likes

Had some solid picture :camera_flash: time with our Indy girls today and wanted to post here to show the difference between the regular Indy the Hypo Indy and then the difference between two Hypo Indys :sunglasses::metal:. We are LOVING this morph!! Canā€™t wait for next yearā€™s breeding pairs!!

OI, Indy

Tiramisu, Hypo Indy (named ā€˜cause they came to us via NC via Italy :it:

Gizmo, Hypo Indy (checking out our neighborsā€™ Christmas display the other morning during coffee time :smile:)

5 Likes

Loving Tiramisu! She is a gorgeous example! I love this project!

2 Likes

I seen the youtube video showing these off. I believe i seen these available on mm under the euro listings. Almost bought me some because they looked interesting.

3 Likes