New Room to Fill!

We just bought a new house… We have this room in the basement - kind of a hallway from man-cave to a tool/work room. Gonna be the new Reptile Room! I am totally psyched about this!

14 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations!

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you’re going to buy!!

1 Like

My “build” won’t be as fancy as some others on here. But, I really am looking forward to a few fun ideas…

2 Likes

Do you want to share? Lol :joy:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m excited to see what you do with it!

It is all about what works for you as long the snakes have proper care. :grin:

1 Like

This looks great. I’m expecting you to fill this thread. :crazy_face: :rofl:
For visualizing it what are the approximate dimensions of the room?

2 Likes

100% that thread is going to explode!

2 Likes

What are you going to be putting in it

2 Likes

I highly suggest getting hot and cold water to it, if it’s easy enough to run a drain, a sink is even better. My first room I just had a hose I screwed onto the bathroom faucet across the hallway. While not ideal still made a world of difference just being able to fill water bowls and mist quickly.

Trick I use now is to have a mixing valve feed a hose, so the water is always the perfect temperature

4 Likes

Built in vac system is the best thing I did in my room. Not hard if the framing is exposed. Dishwasher is nice if possible also.

1 Like

Yikes! We gotta tap our brakes a little… This is our first new home in 22 years. Lotsa projects to do. Kitchen, man cave THEN reptile room. It won’t have plumbing though there is a utility sink just out one door.

I’m not a breeder, so this will just have display tanks, shelving, lighting, prolly just linoleum floor. I’m hoping to breed my MBK just for personal… So, I may work my hand at a homemade incubator.

I can dream and plan right now, but likely no further progress until early 2022.

3 Likes

Ugh priorities come first…

So the Reptile room! :laughing:

4 Likes

I can see it already. Top of the line enclosures decorated to perfectly replicate the environment of their inhabitants. :rofl: in all seriousness congrats on the new house and I can’t wait to see what you do with the place

1 Like

If you decide to put monitors in it, then don’t you mean it’s goanna be the new reptile room :wink:

4 Likes

That made me laugh way harder than it should have :joy:

Have you managed to start on your reptile room yet?

1 Like

Not really. I have a couple temporary shelves set up. Two of the herps are in there now. Both in 40BR tanks. I’m torn on painting or paneling the walls. On one side, my tool room is partially finished in cedar. On the other side, the man cave will be painted green and white - I’m a Spartan! I met get one of my twenty something kids to paint a couple walls. They did these when they were ten and twelve. They got skills. We shall see…

5 Likes

Any Updates on the room? Did you have the kids paint it?

2 Likes