New Year! New Plans For 2021?

This is a topic that is for any reptiles that you plan on breeding, purchasing, new holdbacks, new pets, or any long term goals for 2021.

I personally might try to get some hands-on experience with various sizes of Retics (particularly adults) to be able to feel the power and see the maintenance without the pressure to learn on the fly.

Feel free to share pictures of the new plans. I hope that you all have a wonderful new year, and the plans work out.

13 Likes

@lumpy I myself plan on adding a third super dwarf retic to my group. Also plan on getting a pair of arboreal vipers.

6 Likes

Nice!! I sure love retics. What kind of arboreal vipers? Variable Bush Vipers?

4 Likes

I would like to get either squams or eye lashes.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to produce my first leopard geckos and crested geckos, I have breeders for working with tremper albino for leos and harlequin and dalmation for cresties. If towards the end of the year I can afford them I’d like to get some egyptian tortoises or at least get a tortoise table set up for them.

5 Likes

As a child I always loved eyelash vipers but by “squams” you mean what?

I am looking forward to receiving some snakes that I bought previously. I’ve had to wait for weather. They include a 2019 F3 pair of Sunset Indian Sand Boas, a 2020 pair of Anery longicauda and a 2013 pair of Anery HRP Kenyan Sand Boas. I am also looking forward to watching the 7 sand boas we held back this year grow up. As far as breeding projects, we hope to produce 3 litters of Rosy Boas (two localities), as well as 3 litters of high-end sand boa, Three-Toed Box Turtles, isopods and maybe some millipedes. My boa constrictors are taking the year off. I also will continue to expand the collection. The main things I am looking for are another female Sunset Indian Sand Boa and some female Hypo San Matias Rosy Boas, but I’m always on the lookout for more Rosy/Sand. I don’t intend to add any more large constrictors this year unless they will replace something I already have.

8 Likes

That is awesome :sunglasses:
I love the look of dalmatian crested geckos. I know kind of off topic but when I was younger we owned 4 red ear sliders that we moved inside once their pond out in our front yard froze in the winter. (We had four but all four were not on at the same time) One had some advanced care more than normal which included daily eyedrops, that was fun :laughing:. By the way Egyptian Tortoises rock! The pattern on the shell is just priceless in personal opinion.

3 Likes

Variable bush vipers

2 Likes

I thought so, just was worried I was gonna make myself look like an idiot by putting down the scientific name! :joy::+1:

(Atheris squamigera)

I hardly know many of the scientific names!!! Lol I don’t know why I always remember that one!

1 Like

Wow those are some plans! I hope all your litters have amazing odds. Is Anery a morph in pure longicaudas? Or is it a hybridization?

Also what two localities do you work with with Rosie Boas?

Also, I forgot to add this but I hope to work with some exotic inverts, whether it be rare isopods, mantids, or tarantulas.

3 Likes

Do you mean like Cubaris sp. Rubber Ducky? Or like Silver Ghost? I love Devil’s Flower Mantis! They are so beautiful and unique.

1 Like

I’ve always loved the different mantis species like Devil’s Flower and Orchid Mantis. I’m just getting into isopods so I don’t know much about them, I just research and get whatever looks interesting to me that isn’t too hard to take care of. What are the difference between the two isopods you mentioned?

2 Likes

Well first the Cubaris sp. Rubber Ducky is black or brown-ish and then has a yellow “head” with an orange “bill” with two black dots that are “eyes” likes upper 70s
Cubaris sp. Sliver Ghost are kind of sliver and likes low 70s and are pretty fast too.

Both can do fine in a typical isopod set up. With the one side damp and the other dry. That is what I have read because I haven’t kept isopods. I am not sure about ventilation with either species though.

1 Like

Love the orchid mantises! We’ve raised regular Chinese and English varieties for the garden, but I’ve always wanted to get the orchids for pets…

3 Likes

I’m going to be getting myself my first ever reptile this year. A baby albino hognose snake! I’m so excited for him/her. Can’t wait until the pairing is done. The parents are SO pretty.

5 Likes

The Anery morph is present in pure longicauda. As for Rosy Boas, I have Mountain Springs and Albino Harquahala.

1 Like

Do you have a picture? The tail must be incredible with anery added.:crazy_face: