New Year! New Plans For 2021?

Unfortunately I do not have a picture, since I haven’t received them yet.

1 Like

Ok you can post it when they settle in👍

1 Like

My major goals for this year include:
-setting up my first bio active enclosure
-looking for a pair of rough scaled sand boas to add to the collection
-building/acquiring a quality incubator

4 Likes

Those are wonderful goals.
What is your bio tank for?
What morph(s) are you looking to get into with Rough Scaled Sand Boas (don’t have to tell)
And I hope that your incubator building or acquiring goes well.

1 Like

Thank you, nice goals yourself!

Just a bioactive for bioactive sake at first before I add a reptile… and then a Cuban False Chameleon

I’m honestly not familiar with any genetic morphs in rough scale sand boas at this time but I have not had much exposure to them, just looking to take up a couple empty rooms in the sand boa rack with something different.

3 Likes

Nothing too fancy - hoping to breed our Palmetto het Amel corn to our Scaleless Amel female. If successful, we’ll be holding back some DH Palmetto Scaleless Amels… various Pied and Candy BP pairings.

2 Likes

2021 is starting off with some of our tremper leopard geckos hatching out. We also had our super snow Leo lay the first clutch of the year and any day now our first clutch of Dalmatian crested gecko eggs should hatch out! We also had our first fertile gargoyle egg! We are very excited about this year and are still looking in to one other project for this year and planning next year already!

4 Likes

I love the long reaching goals :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m planning to finally free roam my (x-monitor) in my home in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE for the rest of its obviously wonderful and long life. Also I feed Purina One cat chow and feeder anoles.

4 Likes

Time flies!! 2 years ago at the start of the New Year I had no idea or plan of getting into the reptile hobby…now this April will mark the 2 year anniversary of getting my first BP, and SHOULD be dropping my first clutch, possibly 2 around that time as well I hope :slight_smile:

This year will be about learning how to raise a clutch and female holdbacks. And ASFs :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Love the turn of the year feeling you get thinking about what is next! I’ve been doing so research on super dwarf retics. I’d love to add one to my collection. I’d also love to get into the 007 blood python game. Possibly mix some batik in there when they are ready to breed. The only other plan in the works is that I’m trying to close a deal soon on a great building to open up a full time recovery/sanctuary.
As a kid one of my best memories was going to this old farmers barn that he turned into a rescue. Was amazing! After that guy passed nothing like that has been in my area since. It’s not for sure yet but that is where the bulk of my energy goes in 2021.

6 Likes

That sounds like a fun and exciting plan!! :grin:

I love Retics. I am trying to possibly get some hands on experience with adult animals in this season. I hope it all goes to plan @cn_wrngsdreptls :grin::+1:

I have never heard of that being done before, that would be a wonderful continuing documentation topic on the forum. :wink::+1:

1 Like

Wow that is really awesome, hope to see some of the hatchlings @thecrawdfather :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What exactly is an x-monitor? Slang for a monitor I should know?

3 Likes

I think (and someone feel free to correct me) this meant “cross - monitor”, as in crossbred… Hybrid.

That’s just how I read it, so I might be wrong and I may also be in the dark.

3 Likes

My 2021 plan is to work on mastering my current collection, and not add anything else. Wish me luck because I see I’m not the only one geeking out over blood pythons lately, Maybe I’ll grab one in 2022 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hoping to get a pied pair for future breeding :heart_eyes: That would make my year

3 Likes

Not many new plans for 2021 for myself.
Hopefully my Super LBB will be ready by the end of the year and I can pair her with my Pied boy.
I’m not planning to add any other snakes to my collection, but we all know how that goes.
I am however going to add 3 more Animal Plastics enclosures for my SD/D Retics, and hopefully have those by the end of the year( shipping from that company drives me insane but they are my go to enclosure).
Pretty much just going to work with my Retics as much as possible and hopefully have them puppy dog tame for educational events in 2022. They are all docile as heck right now but I need them to grow a bit before I can have children handle them.
Still working on my species care and husbandry book, very slow and steady process. I don’t see that being done for a few more years but still a work in progress.

During your research if there are things you still question but can’t find answers to, shoot me a DM. I’d be happy to help you answer whatever I can. Retics are amazing and I’ll always help with them for anyone who is interested. We need as many people keeping Retics as possible, I believe in the next 5 years Super Dwarfs and Dwarfs will become a staple in collections as many discover how wonderful they are to keep and work with.

8 Likes

Awesome. I appreciate that! I will definitely be asking questions. Ive always been interested in retics. They are absolutely beautiful animals. Never just wanted to hop into a large snake that I would have to learn about on the fly. But, the Dwarf/super dwarf size, I’m hoping is the door into being familiar with them.

4 Likes