New Year! New Plans For 2021?

@cn_wrngsdreptls A full grown super dwarf female can be a hand full at times. I personally don’t think I would want anything bigger!

2 Likes

Since I haven’t heard a reply back on what an x-monitor is, I will go ahead and post a link to this thread so you can understand the risk of free-roaming reptiles that need high temps. (Since I don’t know of any monitors that don’t need high temps).

1 Like

But this you mean what?

Oops…that means other people probably noticed :joy:

I would love to read the knowledge that is within, someday. Writing anything can be a hard task, but it is apparent that you have the drive and will to hold out, and that is from your love of this amazing species.
PS I think I hear “Author of the Year” badge possibly :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Your odds seem to be pretty good. I really like the look of Amels.

1 Like

OMG I love pieds, definitely in my humble opinion they are the best single recessive all the way.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to my first clutches, continuing to grow my ASF colonies, and I realllly want one or a pair of Black Milksnakes (l.t. gaigeae) but they are tough to come by it seems. Of course when I have the funds, they sold out on MM :laughing:

Everybody’s plans sound so exciting!! Here’s to looking forward, not back!!

Edit: Although I do love milkshakes, they are much easier to find and I don’t think they are a subcategory on MM… YET

5 Likes

Mmm, milkshakes! JK, I read typo. Love, love, love all milksnakes!

3 Likes

for 2021 I would like to get a trio of red bellies (storeria sp.) or a trio of ringneck snake (Diadophis sp) but I can’t find no one here in EU that has them. If you know someone Dm me!

I very much appreciate the kind words Riley.
But I’ve been working on it for approximately 5 years already, and I don’t see it being done anytime soon, I’m way way to critical lol.
Hopefully before I die it will be complete :joy:.

2 Likes

hahahahaha I DID typo!! That’s what I get for getting on my phone right after I wake up and before coffee!!

1 Like

I went from 2 in 2019 up to 10 snakes in 2020!
I want to make sure that we’re excellent at taking care of 10 before we potentially double that number in a couple of years. By the end of 2021 I want taking care of 10 snakes to feel the same as taking care of 2.
OMG blood pythons!!!

4 Likes

I just made my first purchase from MorphMarket for a grown male lesser to breed to my 4.5 lb female Mojave to make some BELs and other Mojave ‘s. I’m excited to pick him up this week!

3 Likes

My 2021 goals are:

Not keeping all of my 2020 hatchling Bp’s from my first year breeding…you all got me addicted, now I wanna cry when someone wants to purchase my hatchlings😜

Secondly is breeding my first Clowns and Pieds…sooooo super excited.

Good luck to everyone with their plans for 2021!!!

3 Likes

@saleengrinch size of any retic female. Even Dwarf/super Dwarf. Has always been the main concern of mine. I learned the hard way about this hobby. My first snake ever, was a female albino Burmese over 20 years ago. This was as a young teenager without the internet or knowledge of what I was getting into. Parents weren’t reptile fans and no one I knew even had reptiles as pets. But the dude at the pet store said, “this is a great starter snake.”
So my plan is to keep my females 100% or as close to as I can with the males sitting at the lower %. Honestly I’m not sure how it will go, but I’m in a place to try now. It will also come down to space. 5000sq ft is a lot better starting point than a 12’x12’ bedroom. A couple friends of mine keep them as pets also, so I’m not 100% alone on this.
I definitely will be sticking with 1.1 for a good while on these guys.

1 Like

Congrats! A lovely hobby to start. And a terrifying addiction at times.

During your research into Super Dwarfs and Dwarf tics, you will find it’s not the percentage you need to look for it’s the proper breeder. Look for a hatchling from small bloodlines, small moms, small grandmothers, etc. I have a 37.5% SD female that is close to 9 months old now and only 60 grams and maybe 20-24 inches long. She will stay smaller than some pure Super Dwarf locals. It’s not all about the percentage :wink:.

3 Likes

@mnroyals thanks for the advice on that. Was actually going to DM you about some Breeders/Bloodlines you trust. Well that is when I can figure out anything on this.

2 Likes

@cn_wrngsdreptls 1.1 is for sure a good start. That’s what I have they take a long time compared to other snakes to be able to breed. My pair is 5 years old in April and this is my first year breeding them. Also you don’t get any morphs that are 100% dwarf or super dwarf besides anery I believe.

2 Likes

Correct. Only Anery is available in pure SD/D.

3 Likes