New Year! New Plans For 2021?

I plan on purchasing a cherry bomb ball python when one becomes available

Iā€™d like to get a Ghi yellow belly for my Mojave girl, so I can try to get me a Mojave GHI sometime down the lineā€¦
Other than that, itā€™s just caring for the little ones I already have and trying to learn more about the finer points of breeding. :grin:

2 Likes

It does occur to me now that starting with 100% dame in retics would just take an incredible amount of time to develop into a goal i would have. Time in between each stage is years. Might be to old and tired for all that 10-15 years down the road. More research on a breeder and the animals lineage are a much better idea. Thanks for pointing out the longer breeding timeframe.

2 Likes

I hear you there. The project Iā€™m going towards is a Purple Snow Suntiger Pied. If Iā€™m lucky Iā€™ll make that in 13-18 years :joy:.

2 Likes

That is going to be one amazing beautiful snake :snake:

1 Like

I hope so! But I donā€™t even know what it could possible look like lol. Just the end goal that Iā€™m shooting for, and honestly Iā€™d be happy with a Anery Pied. I believe it would be the equivalent to a Lightning Pied you see in Ball Pythons.

1 Like

I hear that lol.

2 Likes

And here I am just window shoppingā€¦ Ill definitely be to old to think about something that impressive. Maybe if I start my hypothetical grand children could finish up for me and super glue a picture on my tomb stone. :roll_eyes:
:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

:joy: Come on tho, that would be one nice addition to your tombstone.
Yeah hopefully Iā€™ll hit the combo before Iā€™m 50, but either way Iā€™ll just have fun seeing what I can produce in the coming decades lol.
When I first made a timeline for this project I was thinking 8-10 years. Then I looked closer at my goal and realized itā€™s going to be almost double that. But everyone has dreams right.

4 Likes

This year I am planning to buy my first snake, a BCI! The only thing im waiting for is my move to Las Vegas. :smile:

3 Likes

BIs make wonderful pets, and I believe that if you donā€™t mind the size that they can reach, they make the very best first snake. They eat reliably (mine even eats in shed), their temperament is unbelievably calm with frequent handling tolerated extremely well. Please share pics of your first scaly baby when you get ā€œitā€ :grin:

1 Like

Will do, I might send to many pictures! :rofl:

1 Like

There is nothing as ā€œtoo many pictures of BIsā€ here on this reptile forum. You might want to use the carousel picture feature though. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

This will hopefully be my first year of breeding. Will pair my bearded dragons and expect to produce some really nice citrus

3 Likes

Awesome I will happily see some pictures of them babies dragons :dragon:

3 Likes

Step 1 done :smiley:
Confirmed lock between Rex (Harlequin Dalmation Cream Pinstripe) and Monkey (Red Harlequin Dalmation Dashed Pinstripe). Does this mean I should start pairing my leopard geckos?
Not the best picture as I didnā€™t want to disturb them with light.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to move into larger Colubrids. Starting with the Bullsnake here in a few weeks. Hopefully working towards an Indigo. Iā€™m pretty blessed to be able to find both of these guys in the wild down here and appreciate them in nature. Iā€™d like to find a little cb and really be apart and experience their whole lives.

5 Likes

Built, nearly done. Iā€™ll post some pictures when itā€™s painted and set up, hopefully by the end of the week.

2 Likes

Please do!!! I would love to see this!

1 Like

Wow that sounds like a beautiful home :grin:

1 Like