New Year! New Plans For 2021?

I hear that lol.

2 Likes

And here I am just window shopping… Ill definitely be to old to think about something that impressive. Maybe if I start my hypothetical grand children could finish up for me and super glue a picture on my tomb stone. :roll_eyes:
:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

:joy: Come on tho, that would be one nice addition to your tombstone.
Yeah hopefully I’ll hit the combo before I’m 50, but either way I’ll just have fun seeing what I can produce in the coming decades lol.
When I first made a timeline for this project I was thinking 8-10 years. Then I looked closer at my goal and realized it’s going to be almost double that. But everyone has dreams right.

4 Likes

This year I am planning to buy my first snake, a BCI! The only thing im waiting for is my move to Las Vegas. :smile:

3 Likes

BIs make wonderful pets, and I believe that if you don’t mind the size that they can reach, they make the very best first snake. They eat reliably (mine even eats in shed), their temperament is unbelievably calm with frequent handling tolerated extremely well. Please share pics of your first scaly baby when you get “it” :grin:

1 Like

Will do, I might send to many pictures! :rofl:

1 Like

There is nothing as “too many pictures of BIs” here on this reptile forum. You might want to use the carousel picture feature though. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

This will hopefully be my first year of breeding. Will pair my bearded dragons and expect to produce some really nice citrus

3 Likes

Awesome I will happily see some pictures of them babies dragons :dragon:

3 Likes

Step 1 done :smiley:
Confirmed lock between Rex (Harlequin Dalmation Cream Pinstripe) and Monkey (Red Harlequin Dalmation Dashed Pinstripe). Does this mean I should start pairing my leopard geckos?
Not the best picture as I didn’t want to disturb them with light.

3 Likes

I’d like to move into larger Colubrids. Starting with the Bullsnake here in a few weeks. Hopefully working towards an Indigo. I’m pretty blessed to be able to find both of these guys in the wild down here and appreciate them in nature. I’d like to find a little cb and really be apart and experience their whole lives.

5 Likes

Built, nearly done. I’ll post some pictures when it’s painted and set up, hopefully by the end of the week.

2 Likes

Please do!!! I would love to see this!

1 Like

Wow that sounds like a beautiful home :grin:

1 Like

in 2021 we plan on growing and updating our room, growing out our retics, ball pythons, crestie and day geckos as well as adding more cresites, hognoses, leos, ball pythons, retics, carpet chameloens, a frilled dragon and a chondro! hoping to have everything going and about half our collection up to breeding size by mid-end 2021! cant wait!

6 Likes

So I know that I didn’t update this thread when I changed my long-time goal to breeding boas particularly sterling and IMG combos. But today I did essentially start that goal with Willow.

So yeah, I’m ready to plan for next year!

4 Likes

OMG she is the best looking boa I have EVER seen (sorry to all other boa owners out there) she is really beautiful. If we ever get a boa, like hubby wants, then I’d definitely say yes to one like her.

The silver is so shiny and the eyes are so blue :heart_eyes:

I know you’ve edited a long time for her so congrats :clap: I can’t wait to see what offspring she makes :grin:

Definitely keep us updated when the time comes :crossed_fingers:

100% The forum is going to be stocked with stuff about all of the grownups that I’m going to get eventually :crazy_face:

So, how did everybody’s plans come along? What did you accomplish and what didn’t you accomplish?

For me personally I successfully bred leopard geckos and crested geckos. I built my tortoise table (which I use for a shelf) but I decided not to get a tortoise (they do best in covered enclosures and huge enclosures). I got more isopod species (and I got my millipedes to reproduce) and I’m hoping to work on getting ghost mantises or at least enclosures set up in the next few weeks.

Other notable things that I didn’t plan on:
I got my first dart frogs (and I’ll hopefully get more)
I got breeder leopard geckos (for projects with black night snow and tangerine)
I started producing mealworms for food and I’m going to try breeding hornworms (my first attempt failed)
I have plans to get my first snakes and I’ve started saving for them

My plans for next year are to produce all of my leopard gecko food (except for a rare other treat that I don’t produce like BSFL). Get my first snake species (likely sand boas and african house snakes). Get a high quality tangerine female leopard gecko for my male. Start keeping and breeding mantises, more isopod species, and possibly more millipede species. I would also like to start keeping or have setups for day geckos species and/or more dart frogs.

Happy New Year!

4 Likes

Happy New Year!

I can’t wait to see your plans come together :crossed_fingers:

So last year (2021) we managed to get a female & male soft scale Crestie, produce ball pythons, buy enclosures for future Cresties and keep spending to a minimum.

I didn’t get to breed my Cresties as my red just isn’t gaining the weight enough :worried:
And I successful made a mess of breeding Wax worms :sweat_smile:

This year
We plan to expand our snake enclosures, hopefully a personalised rack system as I want them to have plenty of room, just easier to clean than vivs and be longer as opposed to wider.
Produce pied ball pythons & hets
Produce Cresties
And keep spending to a minimal as I foresee us wanting to keep a lot of self produced reptiles this year☺️

This year is going to be GREAT!
Keep safe :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes