Newbie Owner, BP Anal Prolapse :(

Rats or mice? Now I’m just to darn curious. But don’t blame the snake for wanting to take it easy… Even if I doubt he’s even remotely thinking about that when it comes to his meals lol

1 Like

So glad to hear that he is doing so well! Great job both of you!

1 Like

Had an easy time switching him to FT rat pups, he likes privacy when eating so I’ll leave him alone then check on him later and he’s taken the food. :smile:

2 Likes

Nice! Sounds like you got a solid boy there.

1 Like

The fact that he is doing well is testimony to the great care you are providing. Stay safe.

2 Likes

It’s been over a year now, and I’m sorry to say that after many repeated prolapses, Sundae had to be euthanized. His last incident was the worst one of them all, and was the final straw.

He was a resilient little guy, I’m going to miss him a lot. Since him, I have other BPs and they’ve taught me a lot.

Whether it be the dehydration when I first got him, or unlucky genetics, or both, I gave Sundae his best shot at life.

Thank you all who helped me when I was fresh and new to BPs, this site was a huge help and reassurance.

Rest in peace, Sundae. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. :cry: You did all you could and gave him as good of a life as possible.

2 Likes

I’m terribly sorry to hear about this. You did everything possible and I commend you for being so compassionate & such a dedicated owner. Thank you so much for sharing Sundae’s story, I learned from it & I’m sure many others have as well. Rest in peace sweet little one. :heart:

1 Like