No reviewed seller *bad shipping*

Personally I wouldn’t take her to a vet. What’s the point.
Either she’s in shock and going to die from the stress in which case what are they gonna do, or she’s going to recover just by being left alone which again what are they gonna do except charge you money.

You said it in the original post, but if they had reviews turned off it’s probably not worth the risk. Still pretty wild to me that MM allows that as an option tbh. Smells funny.

4 Likes

The seller went MIA after I requested a refund so l could pay vet bills for x-ray and I was hoping an IV or something. I feel totally scammed and completely concerned for any other snake they ship.

1 Like

Did you pay with PayPal using goods and services?

Few thing to address

1# Shipping cost of shipping can vary I have been shipping a long time and the label itself (not the packaging cost or gas to and back from the hub) can be between $25 to $75 for the same size box depending on where it ships.

2# Mutations with wobble while some may exhibit low wobble which would be hard for an inexperience owner to discern and is often called non wobbler by some sellers :roll_eyes: wobble can increase or decrease due to environmental factors, stress of shipping can greatly increase the issue temporarily, so the animal could have been fine prior to shipping. As a buyer you should have known that even if the animal was ship in perfect condition the result could have been the same.

I strongly believe anyone buying an animal should research said animal and possible associated with the mutation, wobbling in snakes is not a secret, so that part was your responsibility (just like you don’t buy a dog without knowing heath issues pertaining to specific breed).

3# Shipping itself NO EXCUSE, the box does not meet proper standards allowing to ship safely and would have never pass FedEx inspection if sent like this for certification, if they ship through fedex and have an account number, report them to FedEx, if they used a third party shipper I report them to them as there are minimum standards.

Since you are not happy the animal should simply be returned for a full refund and than a review should be posted detailing shipping. The breeder should email you a shipping label and you should return the animal promptly on Monday properly packaged.

8 Likes

Ok I offered to return her if they refund and give me a shipping label. I’m totally going to cry if I ship her back. I feel so bad for her and any other snakes they may have. God she looks half dead. So far no response. I really hope she’s ok. This poor snake who does this to a living creature? :broken_heart::broken_heart:

1 Like

Was this an adult or hatchling?

1 Like

Can you try to post a video of her or some photos? Half dead and a wobble are two different things. Half dead would mean barely moving and weak breathing with her being close to death. A bad wobble is a lot less severe. If you don’t want to put her through even more stress then I wouldn’t recommend shipping her back, as that repeated amount of stress could actually kill her, or just do even more harm.

1 Like

I offered to ship back and they refuse to refund me until I ship her back so aka I get screwed further. They’re claiming morph market is on their side which I can’t imagine and they won’t issue a refund until I ship to them which at this point if she arrives dead who knows. So insane to me that they have two more snakes to sell listed. Who do I contact about this that can see my account and see I’ve never complained or shipped back and see how they’re shipping. This is insane worst experience I’ve ever had.

Right they really don’t seem to care it’s insane

She’s an adult

1 Like

Right now she’s in her hide I really don’t want to open everything up and stress her out this poor snake I feel so bad for her ugh it’s honestly like they don’t care whether she lives or dies

That is standard policy from any company, you return the goods the issue you a refund.

Works that way for snakes too, you just can’t expect to keep an animal and get your money back too.

3 Likes

If she made it into her hide then it is unlikely she is near death. Chances are just highly stressed from the shipping. Since she is an adult I would imagine she will be fine.

1 Like

I have already offered to return her if they refund I didn’t expect to keep her and get a refund I’m just trying not to get more screwed over by people that obviously don’t care.

Let’s say I want to get a refund for an item I don’t want from Amazon anymore. I don’t get the money back until they receive the item and give it a once over. No different for a snake or any animal.

It’s my personal opinion that you should take her the vet immediately to either (1) document the injuries before having her euthanized before returning or (2) try and treat her. But most of all, document EVERYTHING, then report to animal cruelty that has jurisdiction where she was shipped from. I admit I couldn’t read the whole thread before responding because I feel so strongly:

If a living thing is suffering as badly as you describe after being subjected to unimaginable conditions, it is the moral imperative to relieve that pain immediately, one way or the other.

Waiting a few weeks is not acceptable, not getting the snake seen or at least euthanized and necropsied is not acceptable. There are simple basic ethical imperatives that matter more than money- allowing that sort of cruelty to stand is wrong. You couldn’t pay me a million dollars to do nothing if I thought an animal was literally broken and potentially in agony.

The animal is likely highly stressed and showing an extreme wobble caused by said stress. It is an adult snake and is unlikely to be injured unless the people at FedEx threw the package that has a live animal in it. Bothering the animal and continuing to stress it will only make the wobble worse. Killing an animal that clearly didn’t have a bad wobble before (given that it is an adult) just because it is worsened by stress (likely only temporarily) isn’t really ok. A bad wobble can be pretty shocking to see for some people, which would be why they said she looked “half dead” even though she was able to get into her hide just fine. If she was half dead then she wouldn’t be able to move much at all.

From the sound of things she is either going to be sent back to the breeder, or not taken to a vet since the breeder is unlikely to pay for it. She would need an X-ray, and if anything isn’t wrong then the wobble would be the only reason she is having issues. It is necessary to let an animal with a stress induced wobble to relax without pressure, else it will continue to be just as bad. Which is why bothering it now could do more harm than good.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with the previous post.

It is likely due to stress. She would NEVER be able to move into her hide if the said symptoms were that bad. A snake that appears half dead would just lie there. And if you keep disturbing her, you could make it much worse. I would leave her be for at least 2 weeks. Let her get used to her new environment, change her water as needed and spot clean as needed. Do not handle her. She’s an adult python and even as babies they can go months without food, so don’t offer any prey item until she has relaxed.
I don’t believe the conditions require a vet visit. From the sounds of it, this is stress related. And you bring her into a vet now all that will happen in create more stress for her.
Take a breath, step back and let her settle in.

2 Likes

Oh, my recommendations were based on the OP’s description. I assumed there were obvious fractures, etc. Definitely not just because of anything that could be interpreted as a wobble.

I had a friend who worked in a FedEx warehouse one holiday season, and her manager literally punted boxes across the floor. (Meaning competitively, as a game.) I’ve seen snakes with exposed spinal cords slither around, so her eventually moving doesn’t surprise me.

I do encourage you to pursue the animal cruelty avenue. If you want to help prevent this from happening again, that’s a big way to get the seller’s attention. I would think that providing evidence for the state to bring criminal charges against them would be a very effective angle to pursue for restitution. Your local animal welfare officers can probably give you guidance how to proceed. They may also arrange for you to give the snake over to them for veterinary treatment/evidence, and help steer you in the right d a small claims charge for a refund.

I work at Amazon, and while we do throw some packages up the ramps (small boxes, envelopes, or really light bigger boxes) if anything is listed as fragile we don’t. With live animals through FedEx I would imagine they would never even go through the normal shipping process (down conveyors, up ramps, down ramps etc.) since heavy boxes smash into small boxes, get bounced around, and sometimes even get yeeted off the conveyors. It makes me never want to order anything easily broken tbh. I would imagine they would be taken straight to a cart/truck for safe transport given they would want to prevent an escaped animal. They would also never make the shipping time if it went through the normal process.