Not a good day

So he’s still skinny, moving his feeds up to every 5-7 days until he’s a better weight, but check out the ribs!

11 Likes

Hey, that’s terrific! Way to go, Jess! Hooray for innovation and a much-improved Cuddles! :clap:

2 Likes

Cuddles is getting fed again today, so I decided to take a look at his previous weight versus now. I don’t weight him as often as I should, previous weight was 488g on 11/03/22. Right now he’s down 113g to a very lean 375g. Hoping that the improved feeding schedule and increasing return to normal body shape will not only mean more weight but also the possibility of getting him up at least another feeder size.

7 Likes

He’s had a rough go for the past few months but hopefully he has slithered around a corner now. I’ll bet that he will pick up some weight again soon.

4 Likes

Managed to get a weight on Cuddles today, he’s up 20g to 395g! On top of that, he’s had no more issue with regurgitation, and his ribs look normal enough that I’ll be sizing him up to mediums again.

Seeing as we’re now 5 months post injury, he’s gaining weight and behaving normally…I’d say it’s safe to consider things all clear!

7 Likes

Yay Cuddles!
I hope the size up goes well!

3 Likes

Great news! Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

That’s wonderful news, @noodlehaus ! It did sound like Cuddles has come through this with flying colors. Your excellent and innovative care was simply the best. Hooray for the healthy-again Cuddles, back to normal!

2 Likes

So I did an oops and gave the poor dude a large instead of a medium last feeding. That went about as well as expected, the smell was one for the books. Even with that little hiccup, he finally shed again and just look at this boy! He’s still got a bit more weight to gain, but otherwise you’d never really know. The area of his injury is where my pinky finger is.

4 Likes

He looks really good, Jess! Sorry about the feeding “oops.” It really is the worst smell when that happens.

2 Likes

It probably wouldn’t have been too bad, but I didn’t find it right away due to where he regurged and having work that day. By the time I got home the smell was already strong enough to catch on entering the room. I actually had to take the winterizing plastic off the windows and air things out. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yesterday was feeding day and I’m attempting to size Cuddles back up to large mice in order to get some more calories in him because mediums even at a shortened interval are not cutting it. Wish him luck, if he digests this I think we can finally say he’s back to as close to normal as possible.

3 Likes

Good luck with the little man!

3 Likes

Come on, Mr. Cuddles! We’re all pulling for ya!

2 Likes

He did it! Kept the large down, and he’s going into blue again. Moving his feeding interval back out to every 10-14 days again is going to be nice.

6 Likes

That’s wonderful! Cuddles has a lot of determination. I’m so glad he kept the larger meal down. Onward!

2 Likes