Our ID People

So I have been thinking about this for sometime and decided that a wiki on this would be a vital thing to have. So, I’m gonna ask that if you’re confident with IDing certain types of animals and their combos that you put yourself down in the wiki. (Note, that you do not have to be graded every single gene or combo). Also, if you aren’t on the list, feel free to add yourself, it doesn’t mean that I don’t think you are good at IDing.

So here are some people that I can think of off the top of my head…

Leopard Geckos

mblaney
erie-herps
westridge
sasobek

Ball Pythons

saleengrinch

their work

Sable, champagne, gargoyle complex, yellowbelly complex,black eyed complex, and hypo.

t_h_wyman
osbornereptiles
banereptiles

their work

bel complex, hypo, gargoyle, g-stripe, genetic granite type (carbon, nanny, ect.) Gold blush, pied, yb complex.

ballornothing

their work

GHI, Enchi, Banana/CG, OD, Fire Complex, BEL genes, VPI Axanthic

wreckroomsnakes
westridge
dj-pythons
eaglereptiles

their work

Enchi, ghi, leopard combos, Yellowbelly complex and Blue eyed complexes are my strengths… though quite confident on most common traits

AkMorphs
steelserpents

their work

Champagne, Enchi, hypo, clown, axanthic, leopard, yb complex, hgw, woma, spider, fire, pastel, pinstripe, piebald, cinnamon, bp, chocolate,orange Dream, bel complex, Ghi, banana, mystic, Mojave, albino, gstripe, disco, spotnose, blackhead… there are some others I work with also.

Crested Geckos

ghoulishcresties - Lily White, Tri color, and anything Crested Gecko
foxreptile
lmr_lmreptiles
erie-herps

Boa Constrictors

mattcookreptiles - Sterling, Moonglow, and snow
westridge
lumpy
randall_turner_jr

Sand Boas

westridge

Colubrids in General

solarserpents
ashleyraeanne
creaturesofnightshade
westridge

Hognose Snakes

elementalherps
garciademueller

Geckos in General

lmr_lmreptiles
ghoulishcresties

their work

Rhacodactylus specialty

mblaney - ID help

14 Likes

Love this idea :black_heart:

3 Likes

Maybe include what they work with and have produced in the past in case someone is looking for help with a specific gene.

8 Likes

I like that idea. What are the general genes/groups you work with? I know vanilla and pastel are two lol.

5 Likes

Sable, champagne, gargoyle complex, yellowbelly complex,black eyed complex, hypo, pied are the main ones. I have various others as well lol maybe leave pied off I’ve hatched quite a bit but am terrible at identifying combos lol

6 Likes

Like so? :arrow_down:

Ball Pythons

saleengrinch

their work

Sable, champagne, gargoyle complex, yellowbelly complex,black eyed complex, hypo, and pied.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea to me!
If you do add what we are working/familiar with mine would be bel complex, hypo, gargoyle, g-stripe, genetic granite type (carbon, nanny, ect.) Gold blush, pied, yb complex. Although have to agree with @saleengrinch with some frustrations in identifying pieds for sure :grin:

5 Likes

For sure put @steelserpents on that list she works with a lot and is super good at identification in my opinion.

5 Likes

I love this idea! I think it will make it super useful when ID questions are asked so we can give the best answer.

5 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

This is an amazing idea! I’m gonna add a hognose section.

6 Likes

Would it be a good idea to include links to the posts about how best to ask for an ID? HERE is mine. :smiley:

5 Likes

Love this!

5 Likes

Great idea Riley!

Like the others, I hatch pieds but I’m not much on IDing stacked combos with it.

I hatch a little bit of a lot of things but heres what I work with most

GHI, Enchi, Banana/CG, OD, Fire Complex, BEL genes, VPI Axanthic

4 Likes

There should be a disclaimer that says something to the effect that there are no guarantees these folks are accurately identifying anything.

3 Likes

I have also gotten better at IDing snakes that are whacky for ball pythons. I don’t know if that meets the qualifications though, ha-ha.

3 Likes

it’s good to see best guesses is mentioned. too many times I’ve seen positive IDs when impossible. Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

I work with:

Locality Boa Constrictors
Locality Rosy Boas
4 species of Sand Boa
Calabaria

In the past I have also worked extensively with Leopard Geckos, but I’m not working with them right now. I also worked with Ball Python, Corn Snakes, Old World Ratsnakes, Lampropeltis, New Caledonian geckos, Uroplatus, Phelsuma, monitors, and amphibians.

4 Likes

At the moment I work with…

Tangerines, phantoms, Tricolours, Lily whites, Lavenders, Hypos, Dalmatians, Super Dalmatians- ink, oil, red orange and yellow spots too, Reds- Red and Creams, Neon reds, Hypo reds, Dark reds, Oranges, Extremes (Tricolours and Harlequins), Harlequins, brindles, tigers, Pinstripes- Partials and dashed too, Quadstripes, jet black based (dark based).

3 Likes

I’ll throw my hat out there for Carpet Pythons. Especially jungle, coastal & jaya(papuan). I also keep and breed Brazilian Rainbows and BPs but we already have a great list of people for BPs.

3 Likes