Paring ideas

Looking for some paring ideas. Just recently got my first ball python.

She is a Super pastel pinstripe 66% Het Clown.

Different would like to try and prove her clown gene.

6 Likes

You have a long way to go before you can breed her. But when time comes, if there is something you want to prove out, then you should go with a visual of what you want to prove. Odds are better with a visual.

6 Likes

I would suggest looking for a clown combo male with any other morph included that you like.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I was thinking you can just test her shed with genetic testing to determine whether she carries the clown gene.

Genetic Testing Now Available!

6 Likes

Great suggestion! It would be much more cost effective (not to mention time saving) to have a ph Clown tested than to buy a mate and hopefully produce a clutch to test a het. I’m looking forward to having this option for colubrids. Kinda jealous of what’s available for BPs.

Lovely girl, @mike_9008 . One day she’ll hopefully have some gorgeous babies for you. Welcome to the community, by the way.

6 Likes

I really like the Spotnose Pinstripe Clown combo, but there are so many other great combos you can get with pinstripe. I suppose it’s all about doing your research and seeing what you like. I think trick is amazing with pinstripe and since you’ve got super pastel you could land a Pastel Pinstripe Trick which would be sick.

2 Likes

@xxkespxx + @mike_9008 ohh 2 new posters welcome nice to see your posts.
@mike_9008 when its ready maybe combine with a banana het or full clown. Maybe throw in an extra leopard morph with those
Check out the morphmarket calculator for the cool results.
Should give some nice combos.

2 Likes

@xxkespxx @ascended Thank you for your suggestions.

I really like the Lesser, Leopard and Mojave morph.

Definitely will look in to the Trick and Banana.

She still young, 501.4g still have a ways to go.

Have a reptile expo coming up in 2 months, hopefully I can pick him up when I’m there.

2 Likes

@ascended thank you very much :blush:

@mike_9008 Lesser, Leopard and Mojave are stunning. Lesser Pinstripe Trick is amazing.

Picture courtesy of World Of Ball Pythons

This is the fun part, whatever you choose to go with I hope you get some great combinations :+1:

2 Likes