PayPal DOs and DON'Ts

Any chance of a breakdown of what happened?

Lately I haven’t seen PayPal siding with the buyers at all, and my experience lately has made me completely want to stay away from PayPal because they don’t seem to help in anyway. Within 12 hours of the dispute they denied it because “we don’t cover animals”. Then when I fought that and they reopened the case and actually took my proof, they denied me again after 2 weeks because “we only cover dead on arrival”. Then they told me to take it up with my bank, which I’m still waiting an answer from. More and more I’m seeing, PayPal won’t help anyone if it’s an animal purchase even if it’s goods and services, but it could be a case by case thing.

1 Like

I shipped a leopard gecko to a buyer. They picked the gecko up at the hub 6+hours later after it arrived. 10 days later filed a claim stating it was sick. Plus they lied stating it had mbd. I had pictures to show it didn’t when I shipped. Also I sent a screen shot of my terms and conditions. But yes I’m so done with accepting paypal now.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention their name and screen name were different on morph market and paypal. Screen name not a big deal but the real name being different. That gave me a red flag to not sell to them. But I decided to so I took pictures of leopard gecko when I shipped. I found out a week ago that the same person I sold to was asking one of my friends about some leopard geckos. They decided not to sell because of the different names.

3 Likes