Pet BP Showcase!

So I’ve seen that we’ve got a few threads for interesting breeding projects, so how about we get some people from the community to showcase their pet Ball Pythons!
And why not tell us a little about your snake, their personality, enclosure etc.

None of my animals are being bred for projects, they’re simply companions.
Here’s my boy (and myself), just a few minutes later he hissed at me for trying to remove him from my shoulders :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Christmas card starring my oldest male. Just a petco normal, not really worth breeding, but he’s what got me into reptiles and I love him.

9 Likes

I love the Christmas sweater lol

1 Like

This is the best thing ever, how was getting him into that sweater?

1 Like

My first ball python that I got at a local pet store. I got her August of 2018. She’s just a normal, but I’ll always keep her because she’s close to my heart. Plus she has the best temperament of all of my snakes.
I might breed her a time or two in the future, to males like my boy Peanut (butter spinner) to see what pops out.

5 Likes

Very easy, I just held it open in front of him and he instinctively slithered right into the nice dark place on his own. It has a lot of give in it so he basically slides right out super fast and I need to take the picture very quickly lol

3 Likes

@trnreptiles I always have a soft spot in my heart for normals, they’re such pretty animals already :heart:
@zooophagous that’s amazing, I’ll need to knit one for my boy soon.

He’s so blue right now (excuse the substrate on his lip :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Normal females make big clutches and you would be surprised how many “breeders” use em…3-5 gene male to that normal ALL DAY

1 Like

@brozzo1011
Oh definitely! Plus they’re great for proving out genes, I’d think anyways.

Loads tge top breeders use normals to prove out genes using combos makes it harder prove out anything

Look at those pretty eyes :heart:

Taming is going really well, he struck my partner but he deserved it lmao. Otherwise he’s becoming less head shy and a lot less hissy!

2 Likes

This is buddy my banana Mojave ball python! I have never had trouble with him lol he loves giving kisses as in if you pucker your tips he boops them with his tongue. He also loves cuddles and likes watching the office :joy: He is also super spoiled

2 Likes

That is straight up the cutest enclosure I’ve seen, does he use the hammock??

1 Like

Both of my BPs are pets, first and foremost. I may breed them in the future, but might not. They are my scaled babers.

Bellatrix :heart_eyes:

And my boi that I am still deciding on a name for. Hyperion, Aldebaran, and Akira are my choices. I can’t decide so if you wanna vote on it, please do. :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s my big normal boy Darigan. He’s my first that I got 9 and a half years ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He has some nice blushing for a normal :hushed:

1 Like

He was sold as a jungle way back then. I did breed him a few years back and he did produce one offspring that looked almost exactly the same so who knows. He’s retired from the breeding game, but likes to give me attitude when he’s in the mood lol

My nephew with my boys he loves them,

3 Likes

Well as you have a Bellatrix (that’s my dog’s name) we should keep it Harry potter themed :blush:

Sirius-ly not-black
Rubius
Dobby
Fluffy
Draco
Buchbeak
Salazar
Scabbers

And so on.

1 Like

XD my theme is actually Astronomy based, it just so happens that J.K. Rowling named a lot of her characters after stars. My only snake not named for space stuffs is my king snake, my rosy boa in my profile pic is named Andromeda. The names I have right now are of 2 stars and a galaxy for him. I knew when I named Bellatrix that, people would think Harry Potter lol.

1 Like