Petition for Roaches to have their own subcategory

Title says all. I was quite surprised this hasn’t already been included when going to the Invertebrate category on the market; even stick insects and other economically less significant inverts have their own sorted section but roaches are however unrepresented categorically and a bit more difficult to find under the marketplace.

Let’s change that. Roaches are quite essential bugs in our hobby as both feeders and bioactive clean up crews; producers of these insects should be encouraged with more accessible publicity via their own category.

2 Likes

The subcategories are determined from the number of ads. There aren’t many stick insects, mantids, or assassin bugs and a quick check showed a lot of roaches. So, I think that this is a good idea.

2 Likes

Fire away!
@erie-herps I have made that a wiki so you can edit at will.

2 Likes

If there has to be any subcategories to it, I think best bet would simply be organization by genus. Blaberus, Gromphadorhina, Panchlora and other common hobby roaches. That particularly said, I’m most referring to just a simple category under the Invertebrate section. If the former is required though, sorting by genus should work.

2 Likes

This is likely how it will look to begin with, but as the market grows we may need to expand to a full blown subcat at some point. It’s would be great to have a complex list to come back to.

The best time to plant a tree was 15 years ago :blush:

4 Likes

That would be great for the hobby roaches, but I think that there should also be a broad category encompassing all the common feeders such as dubias, discoids, etc. :+1: Great idea though.

3 Likes

This is likely how it will look to begin with, but as the market grows we may need to expand to a full blown subcat at some point. It’s would be great to have a complex list to come back to.

Perhaps; maybe even the invert section can be broken apart into arachnids, roaches, isopods and miscellaneous inverts.

That would be great for the hobby roaches, but I think that there should also be a broad category encompassing all the common feeders

Honestly, I’ll take anything. I just don’t like having to shop for roaches other under insects and fishing through all the springtails and other miscellaneous invertebrates

3 Likes

Bumping. Let’s get some traction going for this

1 Like