Photo Winner Prizes

I was wondering if a lil idea I just had could maybe work for merch.

Was thinking since we have the whole monthly photo of the month thing with our critters if maybe we could do a thing where we take the winners of our monthly photo contests and say every X months (maybe 3 or 6) we could pit the winners of those months against each other and whoever wins could have limited and/or special edition merch featuring that animal.

So we take each monthly winner then every X months pit those winners against each other and that winner gets featured. Just a lil idea…what y’all think :thinking:?

8 Likes

Interesting idea… I am going to ping @eaglereptiles and @john so they can discuss

5 Likes

I think that’s a really fun idea!

4 Likes

In terms of layout, this is sort of what we did with the Ball Python & Reptile of The Year :crown: - 2020 - Winners, where we threw the winners of the OTMs throughout the year again each other.

As for custom merch that’s features it… I personally like that idea a lot.

Right now we have a whole bunch of things going on but we can definitely save this for the future to come back to if John is on board. I know he has a lot of thoughts tucked away regarding merchandise :blush:

8 Likes

If it could be worked out I like it, it seems fair and unbiased. It also gives motivation for the competition and should encourage more entries. If this were done I think it would also be cool to have calendars made (if the logistics were worked out, though that might have to be hand-picked so there’s a variety).

I love this idea! Can’t wait to see what @john thinks.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my Merch to come in :wink::joy:
I will join you all and be one of you! :rofl:

Edit. Just saw beanies. Add me a grey to the black top please Thomas! :rofl:

Why is the UK such a pain to get things atm :weary:

3 Likes

I’m hoping to get merch when I get a chance btw. Just need to land a job first…I seriously need to get into sonething soon.

The only issue i see, and i love this idea, is the agreement of the participants. Their photos are their IP, and since MMC would be directly profiting off of their IP, there would be some legalities to protect MMC from future issues should the individual suddenly change their mind and decide they are upset they arent getting royalties. Aside from that, i really see no down sides.

3 Likes

Well, there’s not really much profit being made, but I believe any legalities are sufficiently covered by:

Including:

Content you submit to the forum belongs to you, and you decide what permission to give others for it. But at a minimum, you license the company to provide content that you submit to the forum to other users of the forum. That special license allows the company to copy, publish, and analyze content you submit to the forum.

7 Likes

MM calendar :grin: of winners is a gear idea!

6 Likes

If youve got it covered, all the better :). Ive just seen too much drama drum up by people who perceive they are being slighted. As long as you have the legalities covered i think its an awesome idea!

2 Likes