Anolis sagrei- Brown anole

Alligator mississippiensis- American alligator

I think this is a small Trichonephila clavipes or Golden silk orb weaver

7 Likes

Dude, you saw a actual alligator in the wild…:fire::fire::fire::fire:

To someone from England, that is amazing… We have hedgehogs :joy:
Seriously, thank you for taking so many pictures and sharing them :blush:

8 Likes

Had to go back to my iNaturalist app for this pic, but here’s a rough earth snake I found in my yard

7 Likes

Turtle on my way to work before COVID, helped it across the road

4 Likes

Texas Indigo shed. Found the possible owner a little later but… no pictures. Did it really even happen? Smh

6 Likes

14 Likes

Found this little guy in an old bucket had to set him free cause he was stuck

8 Likes

@arice88 What IS that beast? Really cool!

5 Likes

@arice88 @dlhirst I cant see its face but I think that might be a cribo or indigo snake of the Drymarchon genus. Along with the FWC they are wonderful large colubrids that I hope to have one someday.

6 Likes

/\ nailed it. Texas Indigo. Amazing beast of a snake

6 Likes

Any good finds sense the weather is heating up?

Totally not a bump, LOL :joy: @eaglereptiles

3 Likes

These guys were out last weekend. My 13 yr old loves hunting for salamanders… She just gets grumpy when I make her put them all back! We found about 25 of ‘em on Saturday!

10 Likes

Northern Green Frog

An interesting fact is the way to tell between a northern green frog and a bullfrog is that the northern green frog has ridges that run down each side of back. You can clearly see the ridges in the last picture.
6 Likes

They are fantastic shots :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I had to sort through a few dozen until I got the ones I liked, luckily he stayed on the rock long enough for me to get a lot of pictures.

4 Likes

How are y’all doing? Any herps to report? Here’s what I just caught (and released) tonight!

10 Likes

Found 3 last week!

10 Likes

The most common gecko we get down here. but this guy was exceptionally chill with being handled. so we cool now. Gave him a little cricket and let him be.

7 Likes

Omg its been a while since I’ve been on here!!! Thought I’d pop in and show off this lovely boy who was climbing the tree right outside my window this morning! He’s gorgeous!!

14 Likes

I think the Texas spiny lizards got too used to the rain, saw this guy cooling off in the shade

10 Likes