Rate My Enclosure Community Edition

Oh nice, I’m a huge fan of North American colubrids. After all, my specialty is hognoses. And speaking of getting things soon, I’d keep posted on my account over the next few months :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, she is a pet as of now because my plans don’t include colubrids. I feel love with her story and I decided that I couldn’t pass her up. She is going to live like a queen among all the boas lol :joy:.

7 Likes

You sure you couldn’t use a hognose? Everyone could use a hognose. Not because I breed them, it’s just a fact.

7 Likes

I mean, I love yetis and anything with superconda. I probably will have a few lol. I was saying my breeding plans but of course those things are subject to change :wink:.

5 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this! I started with corns but got my first hog and now I’ve got one breeding pair and a hatchling female on hold. :rofl:

5 Likes

In my opinion, the only north American colubrid that can compare with the hognose is the eastern indigo. Few other snakes come close. Also, do you have any enclosures you’d like to share?

4 Likes

Snake Discovery has a couple eastern indigos, and they’re absolutely gorgeous.

I wish I had enclosure pics to share! I don’t really take many photos of my enclosures, mostly more of my snakes themselves. :sweat_smile: Next time I do a full enclosure revamp, though, I will!

4 Likes

My Northern Blue Tongue Skink’s enclosure. It is bioactive. What do you think?

7 Likes

Looks great! What I would change is I would put a dark rock under the basking spot to soak up heat. Other than that, no changes.

2 Likes

I keep all my beardies on play sand even juveniles. There are no ceramic tiles in the wild and they survive just fine on sand in the outback. Dav Kaufman does a great video where he goes to the Outback and shows you that bearded dragons are living on sand at all age groups. If you use the proper type of sand, there is literally no chance of impaction. Large scale breeders use ceramic tiles for ease of cleanup and to keep their setups more sanitary. It’s definitely not ideal for the dragons, it’s ideal for the keeper.

2 Likes

Look I don’t want to fight about this I get your opinion, but I am not budging also I watched that video he said you can, but it isn’t great. I think we should just talk about the enclosures end of story.

2 Likes

I have to say I agree with this. What you are doing is in no way harming the animals so it just comes down to personal preference.

3 Likes

@wrai @ghoulishcresties I know both of you have some beautiful enclosures. It would be great to have some of your enclosures on this thread.

2 Likes

I’m just coming back to the land of the living, but I was looking at these while I was at work this week, and thought these look awesome! I don’t currently keep a lot of arid species but these are definitely inspiring. As for some of my enclosures, I’ll have to check and see what I have for photography here lately, I’ve been going through and cutting a lot out of vivariums and changing things, and have new ones upcoming as well, when I can allow myself the time.

1 Like

This is an open enclosure, designed for a smaller species of chameleon I have yet to aquire.

6 Likes

What species is it? Is it a carpet chameleon? Or some sort of pygmy chameleon?

2 Likes

I’m aiming for a carpet chameleon, but they’re about as hard to find as Black Sabbath concert tickets right now…

2 Likes

I could hook you up with a black ratsnake in the future if you want the super sized addition of the corn snake.

5 Likes

In addition to the black rat, in about a year from now I could get you a real nice snow or yeti hog. Maybe even a super yeti if I hit the odds.

5 Likes

You know what @lumpy I feel like we’re all just trying to make you a fellow colubrid guy at this point

6 Likes