Red Stripe stuff

One of the few redstripe clowns I produced this year. I’m thinking about trying to produce a hypo version over the next few years, but not sure if that’s going to be the route I take.

11 Likes

That’s probably the best looking “single” RS clown I’ve seen. Other people’s just look like a blade clown.

1 Like

Wow that red stripe specter is nuts :thinking:

1 Like

Little Redstripe thing I’m working on I think the mojave with the sugar will play very good with the Redstripe :blush:

2 Likes

@novisreptiles Nice pairing!!

2 Likes

Thanks hopefully I’ll get to see something awesome

1 Like

Here’s a couple I can never photo properly to show off their true colors
Red Stripe Cinnamon

Red Stripe Enchi Yellowbelly Eyeless gene (kidding on that)

And this one I’m fairly certain is also a Red Stripe Yellowbelly Hypo. At the very least, he is a Yellowbelly Hypo, but I’ve never seen one as orange as he is

3 Likes

^^^
This. The vast majority of the hobby did not care about RS until the Pompeii came out and now the majority of RS available are all het Clown because people are just following the herd mentality. I started picking up my RS stuff in '12 with the aim of making the SuperRS and the RedDevil. I cannot tell you the number of people who have ragged on me for NOT going the Clown route. But I got my GStripe SuperRS this past year and I am very happy with her and I have plans for what I will be doing with her in three years.

I can confirm how well Mojave works with RS. Check out the last animal in my post here: Lets see those "exceptional" morph examples! - #61 by t_h_wyman

3 Likes

Can confirm, RS Mojaves could possibly be the best looking two gene ball out there, involving RS. Took me 3 clutches to finally hit one

7 Likes

That’s good to know. When I bought my RS girl, one of the morphs I envisioned trying to get to one day is a super RS mystic potion. I’m slow-tracking that project but I do hope to see it one day.

1 Like

That would be an interesting one. I passed on that particular one, due to uncertainty and trying to keep RS from anything too dominating with color/pattern. But I would definitely like to see it some day.

1 Like

The red devil is still my favorite.

My hope is that it will stripe it completely, thicken the stripe, and make the side pattern more regular and bold. It fits in with my other desire which is to find something to add to mystic potion that actually makes a good difference other than spider. I agree that it’s a long shot, so its a slow-going back burner thing for now.

Yeah, I also love the red devil combo. It’s one of the biggest reasons I bought a Red Stripe.

1 Like

Based on a lot of the things I have seen with RS, my guess is that you will probably get the thick stripe but lose the side pattern. I could be wrong, but…

Just a heads up if you were not already aware; RedDevil is actually GStripe SuperGranite SuperRS and not just GStripe SuperRS. Outback proved this out a couple years back but the news never really got widely spread. So if you are just working a GSRS project you will get the third to last animal in my link above

1 Like

I’d definitely trust your input on that. I’d be happy with just the stripe enhanced, so I’ll still work towards it slowly.

Good info about the red devil. I’m not actually breeding for one, it just really showed me that there’s some wild stuff that the RS can do.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the “true recipe” for red devil. I’m unlikely to work with ball pythons again, but I like being in the know (so I don’t stick my foot in my mouth about what I THINK I know.)

2 Likes

Anyone got any photos of a Redstripe Spotnose and pointers for identifying please?

1 Like

I definitely want to see this too :wink:

Redstripe Spotnose or Spotnose? I can’t figure it out. Fresh out of the egg yesterday, so hasn’t shed yet.

Pairing Redstripe Spotnose Clown (Kinova produced) X Champagne

2 Likes