Reptile Morph Art Series

Gonna play it safe with the censored art since I don’t want to upset anyone.
It’s not really on topic for this project anyway!

Buuuuuuut!
Here are two lambeosaurus!
One a false water cobra for @dschindler
One a maxx pink argentine boa for @baby_yoda

I am VERY pleased with how these turned out!

11 Likes

Very cool! I really like how you included the pics of the snakely inspirations. It’s fascinating how much different colors and patterns changes one’s perception and impression.

5 Likes

Its been a lot of fun simplifying these colors and patterns. One day I’d like to make them hyper realistic in terms of patterning, but I’m not quite there yet

5 Likes

have you thought about doing logo design? I bet you would be amazing at it!

5 Likes

Never considered it! But a logo would be a good idea for my YouTube and maybe even for here on MM, so I should think about that! Great idea, if you have any suggestions I’m all ears!

5 Likes

Kentrosaurus this time, a relative of the more well-known stegosaurus. He deserves the spotlight because he has a big ol arm spike.

Based on the bony headed toad and an unknown species I liked from the appearance (colirado/colorado bufotes?)

Next up is a HUGE undertaking, so it will be a while (a double dinosaur feature, and I decided on 2 different poses and color schemes for each because apparently I hate myself)

11 Likes

Here are the sketches for the big undertaking, if anyone wants to guess. Hint: 2 different species, one will be based on waterfowl, and one based on pheasants

Also fun to see my sketch styles change between days

9 Likes

Like both color schemes on these guys! Red on the back looks really cool, and the greens on top and yellow on bottom seems very likely of a pattern to camouflage!

5 Likes

I am just guessing, been a long time since I read about Dinos! I think iguanadon for the first? And I had to look up this one’s spelling for the second😄 but I was thinking Archaeopteryx?

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Close! I chose two dinosaurs known for their SMACK: deinocherius and therizenosaurus. The evolutionary adaptiation of the phrase “I’m gonna throw hands” :joy:

5 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to see what they will look like!

4 Likes

Plot twist: I’m approaching Dead Week on campus and my motivation is all over the place. The theri and deino project was making me mad, so I for shifted into my first battle scene! This is a rendition of The Eternal Combat, a famous fossil find where a velociraptor and protoceratops died and were preserved together as they struggled in a death match.
The velociraptor was preserved with its toe claw lodged in the proto’s throat, and the proto had the raptor’s now-shattered arm in its beak. Either the proto bled out and landed on the raptor, suffocating it, and the pair were preserved by a sandstorm OR the creatures were buring alive while struggling by unstable sand dunes after a monsoon; the bodies were too well preserved to have been exposed to the elements for very long.

Velociraptor colors based on the King Vulture, Proto colors based on the Thorny Devil.
I kept the blood layers hidden for this but, yeah, this was a messy fight!

11 Likes

That is pretty dang cool!

5 Likes

Thank you! Nature is always the best inspiration in my opinion

4 Likes

looking forward to the video!

5 Likes

Should be done by Wednesday, I’m slowing down because school is killing me with finals 2 weeks away :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It’s really cool, but the carnotaurus designs are a bit outdated. Carnotaurus actually had those osteoderms all over its body in no particular pattern, and the neck was a lot more horizontal. If you don’t care about that, then disregard everything I said because otherwise it’s great. I would love to see desert ghost on a Coelophysis.

5 Likes

It’s hard to stay up to date on every single paleontology redesign for every species, so I’m sure there are a few inaccuracies, just as the reptile morphs the colors are based on are approximations :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I gotcha. Thought I’d at least point it out, but I get it.

4 Likes