Reptile Room Build

Put a deposit down on countertops, they do a final measure near the end of the month and delivery is planned for Oct 5th. Which means I have a dead line to get these done, minus the drawers. Oh boy.

I found it funny when I showed the guy what the sink looked like his first question after staring at it was “why?” Lol. He did voice a few concerns about support in front and back of the sink since it’s quite long for a skinny piece. I assured him it would be fine, as yes it is a utility sink but I’m using it as an undermount. After going home and re looking at it, I have a few ideas to make it even better, so after I build the center island, I’m going to do a little more work on the sink just to make sure there’s no issue. Basically cut off the raised lip on top and make the countertop sit directly on the plastic, originally I thought thin set like when you do tile would make up the gap no problem, but this will give just a tad more support. I’ll probably also fill in the open areas around the sink just because why not.

Unrelated this girl came out, first female super enchi albino I’ve hatched, that took me way too long lol.
But I’m excited to watch her grow up given how much color her father has. So I figured I’d show my excitement and also show something that’s not walls and whatnot

14 Likes

Well I love how this is coming along. Eventually when I get my own house I hope to make a real place for my breeding animals and Kai would be in my living room or somewhere more on display.
She is beautiful. I love super enchi, it adds so much to combos. I hope there will be updates on her.

5 Likes

It always does feel like I’m about 15 years in trying to make a Rios lol. So I say congratulations that’s awesome! I’ve always been a fan of super enchi! And I think that’s actually the first albino one I’ve ever seen! Super yellow! Excellent work for sure!

4 Likes

Looks like I got 3 super enchi albino and 2 enchi albino. If there’s another girl I’ll probably keep at least two of the super enchi albinos. There will be updates for sure, Both enchi and super enchi albinos change quite a bit into adulthood. I’m actually leaving work and heading to a show right now, afterwards I’ll make another thread post some comparison pics, it is pretty neat

3 Likes

Sweet I can’t wait to see it :grin:

2 Likes

Wow! Watching this room come together has been a treat! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us. I’m excited to see it full snakes in the hopefully near future :grinning:

5 Likes

Center island

So this is going to be a new experiment, saw these glass rinsers and thought maybe they would work for delicups. Just push the cup on it and it sprays all inside of it. Turns out this one isn’t big enough for a deli cup tho

So we make it big enough

I don’t have water hooked up yet, but worst case I just take it out if it really doesn’t work well.

I have a little more work on the sink then I think I’m good for final countertop measurements. Then it’s going to be detail and finishing work, clean up the walls, get the door back on. Light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

8 Likes

That glass rinser idea is genius! I have been silently following along and just remembered to come back and see how it has been going. The room is looking amazing and I am excited to see it finished and with all your critters moved in.

2 Likes

I might have bookmarked the glass rinser idea. :roll_eyes: It is genius and something I’ll try to incorporate into my future reptile room.

1 Like

I’ll definitely update how well it works once I got things hooked up

3 Likes

As of right now I am not super good at building so in like 8 years I may want some pointers or even some help lol :rofl:

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna like it:

Countertops got measured today, install early next month. Gotta get a stain on these guys before then. Getting close.

9 Likes

That glass rinser looks like it’s working great!

2 Likes

I love that glass rinser. I wonder if there’s a model that I can plug into the wall with a fillable reservoir, or if I could make one that does.

2 Likes

Doubt there would be an off the shelf type of thing. Need a pump to pressurize it, could make it happen but hooking into your already pressurized and unlimited supply house line is probably easier lol.

2 Likes

I might try to build one out of a waterpik since it would already have the pump and reservoir. Maybe I could just make one with a jet that sprays one area and I spin the cup around to clean it all. Since I might be moving soon I’m going to try to avoid making anything permanent.

2 Likes

Not quite the same thing, but you could use a garden sprayer. I use that and a 5gal bucket to catch all the runoff. It isn’t as efficient as a glass cleaner, but it does the trick.

2 Likes

The glass rinser is so cool. So what is after the countertops when they are installed next month?

3 Likes

All the little stuff, install faucet, door, hose reel, setting up thermostat, security, ect.

5 Likes

That means lots of posts right? :grin:
For security are you going a card reader or retina scanner?
I’m kidding I’m just ready for an over the top post like this whole entire thread has been.

6 Likes