Request to add gene For Goniurosaurus Hainanensis ( Chinese Cave Gecko)

Facts

Species: Goniurosaurus Hainanensis
Name of Gene: LINQS
First produced by whom: Cameron M of Cave Kid Geckos
Year First Produced:2019/2020
Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): incdom
In complex with other genes?: N/A
Other names/aliases for it?: N/A
Description: The LINQS gene causes aberrations to the geckos pattern. Mainly connecting the bands and increasing amount of pattern.

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head: head band may be bolder and or have additional banding that parts off and runs down behind the ear. Creating a “ glasses “ look.
  • Body: bands aberrations, connecting bands, darker pattern.
  • Belly: May have speckled belly.
  • Tail: stripes, additional bands, broken or incomplete bands.

Proven Lines:
Related Genes:N/A

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic? F1
Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one? Currently there are no morphs listed for G. Hainanensis

Problems: Any problems? No.
History: The history behind its discovery? In my search for g. Hainanensis and I came across a pair of clutch mates. One with what looked at first glance a normal pattern, and one with an aberrant pattern. The “ normal “ appearing one being female, and the aberrant pattern a male. Once the pair was immature enough to breed, they were paired. The aberrant male was also paired to all available unrelated females as well.
Disagreement or Controversy: none
References here on the community: New gene found in Goniurosaurus Hainanensis

Please attach at least 3 photos you have rights to which you are granting to be used on MorphMarket, Including 1 image next to a Normal/WT animal

2 Likes

I’m curious to any sort of update. Whether it’s been looked at, and what would the plan be if you guys were to add it. As there isn’t a designated category for cave geckos.

2 Likes

@mblaney any help ?

2 Likes

I’m not a staff member. :wink:

@admins

3 Likes

I apologize, wrong mention. Thanks for the help though!

2 Likes

Hey @cavekidgeckos I am your guy for this :blush:

We would need to promote cave geckos before we can add traits. Let me have a few days to look into this.

2 Likes

Worth mentioning, just in case, that there are multiple species of cave geckos as well.

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Checking in, if there is any update?

1 Like

Bump bumpy

1 Like

Oh I am sorry :flushed: I missed this bookmark.

However, you did open up a can of worms and we will be seeing many many many new species, and their traits, added soon :wink:

2 Likes

Does that mean LINQS gene be in there? :thinking:

1 Like

Chinese cave gecko morph

1 Like

Yep it will be :blush:

1 Like

Cave Geckos are now in their own category, which is the first step in getting traits added :blush:

3 Likes

The link works but…

2 Likes

2 Likes

We are working on it :wink:

2 Likes

Will the cave gecko category be added to the homepage ? Will we see the LINQS trait added around the same time?

1 Like

They should be added to the homepage soon and yep the trait will be added in the next round of trait updates :blush: