Show off your Blueys

So I didn’t find any threads where folks could just show off their blue tongues and seeing as I just picked up 2 little babies I wanted to create a thread for it so that we can share general information and show off our animals.

These two are Halmahera type Indonesian blue tongues that were farm born as there are very few cb if any ever available in the U.S. not my preferred way to get an animal but it was really my only choice. I should also mention that Indos are probably the most difficult in captivity compared to northern, eastern, and Irian Jayas. Im really looking forward to watching these %us grow.

They’re so tiny and adorable like tiny lizard bobbleheads.

18 Likes

CUUUUTE!!!
I used to have indo’s years ago.
I fell for the Tanimbar a coupe of years ago when I spied them. I recently got one. I am also getting a 5 animal proven group. I love the natural polished sheen to them and how they vary. First pic is “Shea” my silver. Then the others that are due in a month or so.

12 Likes

Very nice! We’ve got our rescue Northern, Marino, and our Halmahera, Marina.

Marino has always been much more handleable, but Marina is finally coming out of her shell and not running when we approach the tank. Baby steps!

8 Likes

This is Tokyo, an axanthic Halmahera. Have had him a couple weeks and I wish I had gotten into blue tongues sooner. I almost got one years ago and now I know what I was missing out on lol.

8 Likes

As always some great looking animals

2 Likes

Look at that face!

2 Likes

Just born 5/25/21

8 Likes

That’s awesome especially since not many are captive produced.

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe it when I saw it, I was so so happy

3 Likes

Everybody’s pics are so cool!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I absolutely adore the little bows!

Blue-tongues are one of those species that I really want to keep, but since I can’t at the moment, I’m lying to myself and pretending I’m not interested. You guys aren’t helping my resolve, just look at those cuties!! Who wouldn’t want to see such a wonderful little creature peering out at them from an enclosure?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Growing fast! If you look at the first pic their bodies from shoulders to hips fit between my index and pinky fingers, and now they stretch all the way across all four fingers. They’ve almost doubled in weight and both look to be going into shed again

8 Likes

Finally got my guys. I have 3:3 Tanimbars now

10 Likes

oh jeez, those teeth things o-o

3 Likes

They will tear you apart! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

They are so little :tooth:

3 Likes

Growing like weeds over here…

9 Likes

Wow they are looking beautiful!

4 Likes

@thebeardedherper every time I see your profile picture I get excited. I’ve not been disappointed here! :fire:

5 Likes

Fresh shed on Eggroll…

And one of him chowing down on a canned snail

9 Likes