Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

Oh what a lovely story, I swear itā€™s Cresties that get us addicted! I mean their facea are just so cute, theyā€™re fab, great personalities I swear!
Kaneki was my first ever Crested gecko and Reptile living alone (used to have beardies when younger), I saw him online with his brother (a friend has his brother now) both unsexed and 5g. My other half went to pick them up for me and that was it. I was hooked! He went straight into a 100x100x50 viv. Spoilt rotten. Out constantly with us, which is probably why heā€™s so dopey now! He turned 4 in April this year. So got a long time yet with him hopefully!
But since him it just went a bit mad, now have 36 along with hatchlings too, and other reptiles and amphibians aswell! Heā€™s one of my best breeders, sees a lady and mounts :joy: heā€™s a big chunk now and we actually have his son we kept back too. Itā€™s a lot of fun if you ever decided to get a lady friend for Chompy!
Oh keep us updated on your Royals! I have a Banana here, we did have 12 but had to make room for more Cresties so only kept my first one backā€¦ :sweat_smile:
And kids are fab, little manipulators youā€™re right Fox haha, We ended up with a guinea pig a few weeks ago after weeks and weeks of my daughter asking. :joy: So Morpeko is now here. And he actually has some brothers ready in about 4 weeks time (mum gave birth again to 3 little ones on the 11th) so we are having 1 of them too to keep him company when we arenā€™t home, or 2ā€¦ or all 3 if all males. Someone stop me :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m such an animal lover, which doesnā€™t help, but Iā€™m pretty firm, helps that Iā€™m allergic to fur as I use it as an excuseā€¦ Although I would love another dog :thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Those gears start to turnā€¦

3 Likes

And you start with oneā€¦ and end up with 3ā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Just like meā€¦
Jersey first, Sandi second, and now Todi third.
:rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m allergic to cats so thatā€™s them out the way, shame as used to rescue etc and had to rehome 7 couple years ago, I do play up with dogs occasionally and dust etc. Itā€™s great fun when you canā€™t breath! :expressionless:
But theyā€™re here and I love them soā€¦
Maybeā€¦ maybe a small dog? Less fur to loose :joy:
Hypoallergenicā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha!
I have Paisley, Poppy, and Zelda (Paisleys daughter) said the puppies would all go to family and friends but somehow she ended up stayingā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

But how could I say no to her stayingā€¦

4 Likes

If you want, you could go for Shih Tuz x Maltese (Marshmallow)

Sneak peak at one
And why not a pic of Tobi

He is a mini poodle x Maltese

Ps both are small 9-12 lbs and donā€™t shed at all

2 Likes

Oh my, so precious šŸ„²

2 Likes

I love energetic medium to big, not massive size doggies, although they are cute. Iā€™m not a small dog person.

My husband is not an animal lover and unless I can vacuum everyday, Iā€™m not allowed another dog.

Think Iā€™ll stick with Crestiesā€¦I hate housework :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s why I went for with my 3. My gosh itā€™s work but I love them.

Haha my other half is the same, he doesnā€™t even really like dogs. :joy:

Couldnā€™t find new girl Barb.
Seems to like little Starburst šŸ„²šŸ˜…

4 Likes

What a cutie. Dogsā€¦another love ā€¦have two of them to. They are now already quite old. One turned 14 last January and the other one is 12 years old but the still run around like they are in the prime of their life. Hope so much they are going to end up in guiness book of records as oldest dogs
Ever :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Really, life is so much better with animals in it!!!

But indeed, the muddy pawprints in the floor and enough hair to knit a sweater are the negative sides of them. Reptiles are a lot easier. Sometimes I think I will not get a dog again after theseā€¦hope I remember the extra time they cost by that timeā€¦but donā€™t know for shure I can stop myself when I look in cute puppy eyesā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh theyā€™re beautiful šŸ„² Bless them! Collies? Or is the short hair a mix? :blush:
My Border Collie is 5 in August, my Cocker Spaniel is 3 in September and my Border Collie x Siberian Husky is 1 in December. (Nearly 7 months now)
But would you change those muddy paw prints and hair? :wink:
I know I wouldnā€™t!
I had Paisley my Collie when I still had my Yorkshire terrier Buffy. Unfortunately she was old and had cancer so had to be put down by the endā€¦ Paisley helped a lot through that and I said no more dogs other than her as it just hurt so much. Poppy was for my daughter for Christmas, she was 3 at the time (now 6) and was after a puppy, was asking for so long, so I gave in, and Iā€™m so glad I did. Couldnā€™t imagine never being watched/stared at 24/7 again :joy:
Zelda was the last born of 4, and instantly when I saw her come out I just loved her. My family didnā€™t get why as I didnā€™t ā€˜knowā€™ her. Which I do understand, but there was something that said sheā€™s mine. And oh was I right. Sheā€™s brilliant, keeps me on my toes!
Now I swear Iā€™m done with dogsā€¦ I have a long time with them all yet! And Iā€™ll deal with the hyperness, mud and hair every day as long as theyā€™re here :blush:

1 Like

I didnā€™t care about the muddy pore prints, I have 2 boys and they are messier than my dog use to be. Itā€™s the fur, esp as Iā€™m allergic and itā€™s leaving them to go to work or out for the day or on holiday.

My dog died aged 14, she was full of so much energy that people honestly thought she was a puppy, but she got sick really quick and died within 6 months of being diagnosed, despite an early diagnosisā€¦ That was the point where no more really came into play. Pet insurance was a waste of money we paid top premium throughout her life and they wouldnā€™t pay for hardly anything, her food bill cost more than our weekly shop and had to be extra careful with her. She was my first baby and it hurt too much to say goodbye but had to put her down, then a few weeks later my first Crestie died!

It was poor timing as my emotions were in overload because Iā€™d just given birth to my youngest

And I thinkā€¦ They both had a good life and it would be great to have more however reptiles are the way forward for me now!

Beck to Cresties, here is a progression pic of Gingerbread Latte :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Love Huskies, they are to me the most beautifull dogs ever, border collies are second and spaniels are also really great so you have a nice pack there.

The oldest with the short hair is not a real breed. Itā€™s a mix of something terrier alike and something unknown, most likely a terrier something to. They are quite common here in Holland and are usually called boerenfox aka farmersfox terrier. The one you thought is a border collie is the daughter of the sister of the oldest dog, so she is a mix of boerenfox and an icelandic dog, but she is by far more Icelandic in looks and behaviour than boerenfox.

I donā€™t want to miss these two, no matter the negative things. They are my hairy children and I can not, and donā€™t want to yet imagine how it will be without them. But as a single parent with a son who is now at the age he starts going out more, having his own life I think it is wiser to keep it to reptiles and not get a other dog after these. I also like to talk to my reptiles and get them out and enjoy their company. With them I donā€™t have to worry about when to get home, if they are lonely when Iā€™m at work and all the extra responsibilities you have with a dog. I donā€™t want to miss these two but a new one isā€¦a new one I donā€™t know yet, so donā€™t have a connection with yet. At least I think nowā€¦but both my dogs where not planned also, they just came by coincidence, and as a child they also seemed to just show up. One moment we would have no dog not planning on one and in the evening we would suddenly have a dog because someone dropped one in need and we couldnā€™t say no. And yesā€¦I understand the instant connection thing :grin:

But my planning now is in the future is to only keep reptiles. They are not dogs but I do really love them and really enjoy having them around, and also feel a connection with them, even if they donā€™t have them that much with me. I will stop now about dogs before people here start wondering if they are on a dog or reptile forum :sweat_smile: back to the cresties :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I fully agree, boys are far more messy than dogs. I only have one but still 70% of the time it looks like a bomb exploded in the house.

That must have been a very enotional time. A head full of hormones and then this happening. Hope it doesnā€™t happen here like with your dog, but with older dogs I know anything can change at any time. Just try to enjoy most of them now. Happy covid is reducing and this summer holiday we can go on holiday with them. They love it and we never know how much chance we will have for that in the future. So happy most reptiles can really get old so Iā€™m really planning on keeping them till Iā€™m old and grey. At least, even if your body is bend because of arthritis and you go as slow as a turtle, you can still play with snakes and geckoā€™s :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Really beautiful crestie. They have such a funny faces, almost a little aliens. Have to be honest Iā€™m still confused about the morphsā€¦donā€™t even really know what mine isā€¦

2 Likes

Heā€™s a Dark Base Drippy Harlequin :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @lindasark , she isnā€™t one of my favourites though :shushing_face:

I agree with @ghoulishcresties he is a lovely looking dark base drippy harlequin. I love drippy Cresties :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m loving they pics of the doggies too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cresties donā€™t just look funnyā€¦ Donā€™t of them act funny too :rofl:

Iā€™m planning to keep mine till Iā€™m old :grin: will be awesome to be retired and have so much time with them

2 Likes