Show Off Your Cresties đŸ€©

I think all have them coming in :sweat_smile:

Unfortunately a couple have black too from Akira but it’s ok, they’re going to be awesome with the colouration so I’m happy still đŸ„č

But now I defo need to look for another female for him :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What about a girl with no spots, maybe you can produce some just red spots that way?

Like a patternless or bicolour?

Also that gecko is awesome

1 Like

Yeah that was the plan, a patternless or a phantom

just finding one!
Wolfe has 1? Spot. The very dark girl ‘Touka’, has none so far. Though a friends got red patternless so I shall see how they turn out! :sweat_smile:

I think I’ll be searching next year either way,
Even considered putting Perdita to him as his mum was a confetti! May bring that out :thinking:

Akira will go back to him though, since I haven’t gotten anything other than lillies
 I need to see what else they can produce :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow, she is probably going to be better then her dad đŸ„č

1 Like

I made a painting based on a gecko eye , spray paint and acrylic paint on canvas , clear resin top coat.

Thanks for lookin’

6 Likes

You should post this in

reptile artwork!

It looks amazing!

1 Like

Oh the difference

5 Likes

Such a variety :relaxed:

Our last baby of the year hatched today. 8 babies in total. It’s a great feeling to have produced such tiny creatures.

Hubby is already reminding me that not all will be staying. I’m sure he thinks I’m making it up when I say they aren’t ready to leave yet. Not because he’s in a rush, he just knows what I’m like with letting go and he doesn’t know about geckos like I do (He’s a snake person) :snake:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t want to let them go either :confused:

1 Like

Everyone has such beautiful babies! These are ours

These are of Cresty the Gecko when we first brought her home and yesterday

These are Cheese Puff the Magic Dragon when we first brought him home and yesterday

She’s very yellow with lots of tiny spots, he’s got a little bit of a harlequin type markings on his sides
And yesterday they gave us a gift

4 Likes

Cute Cresties :relaxed:

Do you keep them together? If so, I’d strongly recommend they are separated.

1 Like

All my research said that you can house up to 4 together, provided they were all female or you have only one male. I do plan on keeping any babies that make it through incubation.

Females you can keep together providing they get on, no spats, but I do NOT recommend housing in a male also, the consonant breeding can stress them all and cause issues. I only put a female into the males viv when breeding and only for 3 days.
No need to have them together as they can stop eating, lose weight and even become egg bound.

What’s all their weights?

3 Likes

I hope you have plenty of enclosures so you can house them all! Females can lay several eggs a year, my girl laid 8 this year. Plus they can lay eggs for up to 3 years from last breeding.

If the enclosure is larger enough then I guess you can house as many females as you’d like together.

As said breeding can be very stressful esp for females and can cause weight loss among other issues.

Healthy weight is a must when it comes to breeding.

I keep my males separate. I only pair my Geckos when I am ready for them to breed

2 Likes

Some autumn pics of our first 4 babies born this year

2 Likes

My boy Irwin loves sleeping with his head barely peeking out of his tube. It’s so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

It took a bit for me to get weights on my cresties. The girl is 35-40 grams, she kept bouncing around in the weighing box so it kept bouncing the weight. The boy is 30 grams. I have plans to build more enclosures I have a couple smaller ones that are currently empty. By spring I’ll be able to do more good builds. I will separate them as soon as I can finish a second enclosure of the same size.

Weighing can be awkward lol but come accustomed to it as babies are harder to weigh and you need to do it quite regular, esp as they don’t always look like they are eating.

I believe she is too small to be breeding. Some say 40 is okay, however the recommended weight is 45g and I think you’ll find most breeders will agree with this.

I wish you luck with these babies, I hope you get the enclosures set up soon, esp before next season and you have plenty of baby enclosures, won’t be long before the babies hatch (well a few months) :relaxed:

1 Like

I am still alive!

Work has been absolutely wild. I’ve missed you guys!

Got some chunky pics since we had bugs last night!

Apparently, Tiny is a brindle. Unfired. :blush:

Peep that belly! :heart_eyes:

Tulip showing off those portholes! Ignore the lighting
sun wasn’t even up yet!

They’ve all been GREAT at Godzilla stomping in their food and tracking it all over the place. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hahaha typical Cresties lol

They are looking so big now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really like tulips colouring

I’ve missed pics, my phone and tablet won’t let me add pics right now (they are too old) :sob: it’s so hard to not be able to send pics :scream:

2 Likes