Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

I really want a red LW one dayā€¦ Theyā€™re a bit too expensive for me rn though.

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping my red girl & red Lilly white produce this year :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™m desperate to see what they can produce. Lilly Whites are very cheap here in UK atm

3 Likes

I got some pics, finally!! Same 2 werenā€™t having it though :sweat_smile:

Only got one with visible pores ATM!

So Iā€™m holding these 2 back, both NVP, first one wouldnā€™t fire up

And Iā€™m not sure if this one is red or just brown colour, but it has blush. Itā€™s such a cutie but itā€™s a little scatty :joy: esp when it comes to food, best feeder of the bunch. I think Iā€™m going to let it go though :scream:

5 Likes

I got some nice pics of Riley today

I have been considering rehoming him, but he has red/brown spots, so idk, maybe Iā€™ll change my mind.

Iā€™ll have to get some pics of Coco later. Sheā€™s so pretty lol.

4 Likes

He looks good, and I personally love his colors and spots.
You chose a good name for him, lol. @lumpy

3 Likes

I love his colors too. Heā€™s so handsome.

3 Likes

I have a couple of pet geckos that Iā€™ve considered rehoming in order to make room for babies, so I understand.

But I am too attached to let them go :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have a 2/3 adults Iā€™m strongly considering selling, but I havenā€™t brought myself to actually bring them to a show.

2 Likes

Iā€™m about to be able to add to this thread lol. I just left an expo that i went to intending not to buy anything and now iā€™m coming home with two new jumpers and my first crestie lol. I donā€™t have any pictures as iā€™m not home yet but i will update with pictures. I do want to know if i can put this crestie on bioactive. Heā€™s pretty small so idk if i should wait or not. Any other tips are appreciated as well. Thanks!

3 Likes

Okay hereā€™s a quick picture. I was told heā€™s an extreme harlequin. I put my finger next to him so you can sorta see how big he is.

3 Likes

Looks more tricolour to me! :grin:

4 Likes

Heā€™s super cute. I personally would put him on paper towels temporarily just to monitor him, and when he gets a bit bigger put him in bioactive. But, if you really wanted to put him in bioactive now, you probably could. Itā€™s better for them if you feed them bugs 2-3 times/week, and theyā€™ll grow a lot faster.

4 Likes

I put him on paper towels for now. Can he eat dubias since i donā€™t have any crickets? Also, I really like the look of lilly whites and am wondering if he could be good to pair to one in the future. Iā€™m not extremely good at crestie morphs yet and iā€™ve also seen stuff about them having to have good head structure so i was just wondering if heā€™d be a good breeder and if a lilly white is a good thing to pair him to.

2 Likes

Congrats for your first crestie. You thought of a name?

Your Gecko looks to be an extreme tricolour with Dal spots.

Head structure is important when looking to produce quality geckos. Hard to tell with head structure, it might improve, it might not. Depends on the genes. If it improves then yes it would be great with Lilly White (just my opinion), but if notā€¦ You may need the other gecko to have a super big head structure to compensate.

Yes can eat Dubia roaches, although you may find your Gecko might not like them too much just yet. My babies love them, but others havenā€™t.

Yes you can put straight into bioactive enclosure, however you might want to quarantine first, with paper towels. Plus you want your plants/isopods etc to settle before adding a Gecko or it might not work well.

I have a few babies in bioactive enclosures, they love it. Iā€™m planning to turn more bioactive soon :crossed_fingers:
Hereā€™s one of the Babs in bioactive enclosure

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all the info. Iā€™ll try to get better pictures in a few days once heā€™s settled in a little. No matter whether heā€™s good for breeding or not, iā€™m very excited to have my first crestie and start my new crestie addiction lol! I really shouldā€™ve gotten a picture of dad cause he was there at the show, just didnā€™t think of it at the time. Thank you!

Edit: Also, my little sister is picking the name for this crestie. Sheā€™s 10 and sheā€™s keeping him in her room as her own pet since sheā€™s jealous of all my pets lol. Iā€™ll be checking on him every day still but she has really been wanting a reptile and so heā€™s living in there and i will teach her how to care for him.

4 Likes

Dubaiā€™s are fine!

Extreme tricolour pin dash, I donā€™t see spots?

Head structure is important for sure! Find a Lilly with a big head :laughing:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll try to get some pictures that show him on all sides in a few days to get good id. I just want to make sure heā€™s settled in good before handling him a bunch.

3 Likes

Also i have a couple questions about morphs. So is an extreme tricolor the same as an extreme harlequin in that itā€™s three colors but it can be any color, or am i misunderstanding?

Also, for the pin dash, is it how the scales on his back are kinda dashed?

1 Like

I donā€™t know about extreme tricolor, but youā€™re right about the dashed pinstripe. It describes the ā€œpinsā€ that stick up from their back. When they are all white, itā€™s a full pinstripe, when they are all white except a handful, itā€™s high % pinstripe, and when theyā€™re dashed (like yours), itā€™s dashed pinstripe.

2 Likes

Yea on the pinning!

And tricolour is the 3 colours, if he didnā€™t have the white heā€™d be an extreme harlequin!

And yes you can get other colours also, red tricolours, yellow tricolours (the base will be the red, yellow etc) :blush:

4 Likes