Show Off Your Cresties 🤩

So this is a tri color or an X tri?

Because most of the tri colors I see do not look like that

8 Likes

KJ could be classed an an Extreme, but if you see Dolly above shes an Extreme as colours go right over. But Tris can be classed as extreme when colours also go up near the top. I just didn’t want to call him that since I have her but you’re not the only person to say it! He’s just bloody bright I think. Kaneki above is his dad and was my first ever Crestie :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is KJ’s brother, from same parents.

10 Likes

His colors are very bold in contrast

3 Likes

This is him fired down. So quite a difference from him fired up fully. He’s had his First Lady this year so looking forward to seeing them :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you for the replies, it definitely helps in deciding what kind of morph I would go with. :joy:

2 Likes

In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with a Tri. One of the most sought after cresties too. They just produce so much variety! Kaneki/KJ and his other son Pod, have Creepy Exotics lineage (in the US) so I think that’s helped with how they are! As Barb Gebert has some of the best around. Kanekis dad was a big Tri from Creepy Exotics, and his mum was a Harley pin from Extreme Cresties. KJ also has some Leaping Crestie lineage from mum also a Harley Pin so he’s a right mix!

Akira is a Red Extreme Tri, she’s with Kaneki this year so touch wood for more reds, Crackers is also with Kaneki. KJ has Boo who’s an Extreme Harlequin. Dolly when ready will eventually go with Greg who’s a Red and Cream Dalmatian with Ink spots. The amount of Tri morphs there is, you can never get bored! So my vote is always Tris. I would pick a Tri over a Lilly white any day too! :grin:

3 Likes

That is a bold statement for a crested gecko breeder

3 Likes

And I stand by it 1000% :raised_hands:t2:
My Fav morph, ever since getting Kaneki as a tiny 5G baby. He turned 4 this month 🥲

4 Likes

Congrats a huge mile marker :tada:
Thanks again for the help

3 Likes

Omg I found baby Kaneki…

11 Likes

Oh my gosh isn’t he the cutest little thing :heart:

2 Likes

I absolutely love Akira! Her red throat is so pretty.

4 Likes

Here’s another picture of Monkey I found, her reds aren’t quite as visible in this picture but you can still see them:

I think she’s a bit fat in this picture because she’s building eggs though this picture is from March 11th so I’m not sure if she’s reabsorbed or if they usually take this long to lay :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I’ve been cleaning my Crestie enclosures out this morning and turn to my phone to see all these messages :grin:

I’d choose an extreme tricolour over a Lilly White anyday. I’ve got a few great Cresties from Lilly White pairings but are not Lilly Whites themselves which I love as they look so bright.
But there are so many different colour and patterned Cresties, I’d suggest to look at the others before making your final decision… If you do get a Crestie that is Lumpy.

Baby Kaneki is cute :heart_eyes:

erie-herps - I think the average for cresties is 30 days, but I’ve not actually bred Cresties yet so if someone can comment to confirm please?

Below are some of my other tricolours (some are also extremes & pins etc) :star_struck:

9 Likes

The red throat is called blush. Some of my Cresties, including my Lilly White have this too, I love it so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Can you feel them inside? Usually you can feel the eggs in her belly. Females usually lay monthly, I pull out eggs every month from my vivs and actually got some more out a couple days ago! Won’t know who’s eggs they are until they hatch as I have a few females per viv so once they hatch I will know as made sure every morph is different in there!
Just make sure with her as you don’t want her to become egg bound, though not common it can happen and unfortunately happened to us a couple years ago with one of our biggest females and we had to put her down :slightly_frowning_face: She had 2 inside and was actually growing another 2!

4 Likes

Blush trait is fun to work with, I’ve found Big Mama has passed it on to every baby she’s had over the years! And now with the new girlies breeding this year with it I’m hoping for lots more with the blushing! It makes them look extra cute :blush:

2 Likes

This is Penny the Phantom Quad. She’s got the same mum as Cherry the Lillywhite above, only a month between them too as breeder thought she’d try switching males during breeding season and it worked! :blush:

5 Likes

This is Zombie (Female) and Corpse (Male) touch wood he’s had her as I always find them cuddling up instead, maybe they’re just friends? :sweat_smile: Hoping for some Superstripes from them this year! :blush::crossed_fingers:t2:

11 Likes