Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

Not ATM, Iā€™ve been spending time in the snake room recently. Iā€™ll try to get some pics in the next few days, I really want to see the girlies with the flowers. Not sure Iā€™ll get a pic of Gingerbread Latte as she has been super grumpy since being paired with Milkyway, not sure if thatā€™s a good sign or not lol

I think Iā€™ll quarantine for about 1.5 months to be safe. She looks a lot like a female (I could easily tell today) but I couldnā€™t get a picture. Maybe if sheā€™s at a good angle I can get one sometime. As far as weight, is it okay to handle a few days after getting them? Iā€™m not going to handle today since Iā€™m going to feed my other geckos tonight but if I can I might tomorrow. The enclosure dried out very quickly before since the entire front was a screen (tank turned on its side). I covered most of it with clear saran wrap so she should fire up easier now. I doubt Iā€™ll breed her but maybe someday I will.

7 Likes

Looks female, no big old bulge of a male there :sweat_smile:

As for handling. As you can tell Iā€™m a very hands on owner! I handle from day one, I take them out the tubs they come in or what I collect in, have a look at them, get some photos and put them in the vivs. Then the next day Iā€™m back in to say hello again! Wish Raspberry would get Iā€™m not a threat yet! But shes in with Nelson for a few days so she doesnā€™t have to deal with me atm haha.
But Even with the hatchlings, I handle from day 1, as I move them to their enclosures I handle them anyway, then again the next, then usually every other day I get them out to see them!
I love that they go to new owners tame and friendly, and still get compliments on that which makes me happy!
So will be fine handling her now!

Would love some more pics when you can! And of your other cresties also! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Handling is more of a preference.

I handle all my Cresties once received to check them over & get a few pics. But once Iā€™ve done that, I like to let my Cresties settle in before I handle them, usually a couple of days.

My rule of thumb is to make sure they are exploring the enclosure and eating well before I handle them too much. But at the same time if I have one that isnā€™t eating I will hold it and pop a little bit of CGD on its nose too see if that stimulates it feeding response.

Strawberry has been the worst to settle in, I think she was hand fed by her previous owner as she would eat if out for a cuddle, but not in her enclosure. Sheā€™s finally eating in her enclosureā€¦took at least 7 months of persistence.

Iā€™d attempt to feed insects straight away though. Strawberry is my only Crestie that doesnā€™t eat insects.

Tbh she does look female, I managed to look on the computer and couldnā€™t see any pores which is usually easier to tell on a light Crestie, rather than a dark Crestie so hopefully she is female :relaxed:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been baking today :relaxed:

2 Likes

Beforeā€¦

Afterā€¦

6 Likes

Someoneā€™s enjoying Pangea tonight :yum:

4 Likes

Iā€™m really wanting dalmatians now!

2 Likes

Theyā€™re an Amazing morph, so many spot types!
Sheā€™s a Tangerine Super Dalmatian with blush trait.
I have other Super dals also. The other half isnā€™t keen apart from the pairing currently as heā€™s ā€˜sick of spots in everythingā€™ :joy:
But Iā€™m mad on it!

1 Like

Maybe he would like some patternless snakes (Sterlings) :joy:

2 Likes

Ooohā€¦
How do I sneak one inā€¦ :thinking::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have to agree with your other half, I prefer spots on plain Cresties so itā€™s more appreciated, that being said I have a couple of dalmation Cresties but they are also tri-colour etc. they were cute and I couldnā€™t resist :sweat_smile: itā€™s funny because when they are fired up I can barely see the spots but then when they fire down they look like a completely different Crestie :grin: Iā€™m sure I find cuteness in every Crestie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

So the girlies wouldnā€™t fire up, typical!

I took pics of Caramel & Vanilla anyway. Caramel is carrying duds but she still posed :grin: both Cresties have suddenly (this week) got white spots :star_struck:

4 Likes

You should submit that last picture for #potm because itā€™s so cute!!!

3 Likes

Misty seems to have a red dorsal stripe. I donā€™t know if anyone knows anything about this but in a certain lighting there is a very distinct red stripe that takes up some of the back area. If I can get a picture that shows it Iā€™ll post it. Has anyone heard of it or knows of a gecko that has it?

1 Like

Assuming when fired up and sheā€™s a different colour as not shoving on other pics?
But yes a few of mine have it when fired, get this strange stripe, even goes down to the tail :blush:

Love how random patterns are Cresties! And how much they can change!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Definitely need to see a pic of her fired up as I canā€™t see it on the other pics

1 Like

When I got her she wasnā€™t fired up since there wasnā€™t enough humidity (the entire front was screen, Iā€™ve since covered most of it).

Get that girl in a tub with some water :joy:
Usually works! USUALLY! I have geckos that donā€™t care so still wonā€™t fire lol :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I tried it but she was hidden behind a piece of bark (the tankā€™s set up with hiding places everywhere, I canā€™t get to her without poking and prodding and thatā€™s not a great way to start handling). Iā€™ll try it later tonight when sheā€™s out.

2 Likes