Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

Structure is something I go for here, a lot of ours have big, or floppy crests, the colours are a bonus!
I went for her more for the high coverage and the head was a bonus there as lillies donā€™t always tend to have great heads! Sheā€™s going to Nelson eventually whoā€™s got floppy crests :relaxed:

If youā€™re looking at breeding eventually definitely pair to bigger head Cresties to get the structure!
Flavia already is a lovely colour, and another phantom for her would be amazing :heart:
Phantoms are a fav of mine :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

I love Marshmallow! I love white geckoes!

3 Likes

Just for you, some adult pics :wink:

11 Likes

They are all so gorgeous. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanking you :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, our goal is great structure also. The little ones I have I got only to study and learn how they develop in both structure and colour, well aware that they might not turn out to be breeding animals in the end. We will see. We do have adults with good structure to start out with. This female for example

And this male, Dexter. Fingers crossed that theyā€™re a good match!

8 Likes

I guess these demon lizards/geckos are still cute. Why do they lose their tail?
Are you wanting them to lose it orā€¦ ???

5 Likes

All geckos can drop their tails when threatened. Crested geckos are likely the most prone to dropping their tails. Iā€™ve heard of geckos dropping their tails due to everything from fireworks, to a fallen curtain rod, to a handling attempt/maintenance, and to another gecko. I donā€™t know of anyone intentionally making a gecko drop a tail except for medical reasons. Crested geckos (unlike most other species) donā€™t regrow their tails.
Are you considering getting a crestie? :wink:

6 Likes

I think youā€™ve scared her enough to not get them now :joy:

Arenā€™t Cresties just amazing?! :laughing:

6 Likes

If you get a frogbutt then you donā€™t have to worry about it. :rofl:

7 Likes

All of my Cresties currently have tails and my first gecko (RIP) threw her tail off because she was laying eggs when I went to sort her food out, totally my fault. I thought she was a he prior to that moment šŸ¤¦ point is, it depends on the Crestie.

Iā€™m sure there will be a tail drop soon though, esp if I get baby Cresties!

@ghoulishcresties your soon to be gecko is amazing :heart_eyes: so happy for you and glad your newbie is settling in well :grin:

@irmelinis head structure is also something I go for. Do you know what the parents head structure was like? That will help determine whether or not Flavia could inherit it. But like said above putting with another Gecko that does have head structure might help.
I love the pinning on Dexter, I have a soft spot for pinstripes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

The fact flavia and Flynn have the inverted/very tiny head it would be best not to breed them unless you paired to a massive head (crowned or floppy Iā€™d say)
For some unknown reason thereā€™s a couple breeders I know breeding their super dals with inverted heads, all babies have inherited them too. Rather than pairing with the opposite sex with a big head they havenā€™t, I mean a couple have ok heads but itā€™s not worked out well. Still all inverted or tiny. The spots are insane which is a shame too :weary:

Also to think about when breeding is the spots? Do you want to pass on spots to every baby @irmelinis ? Theyā€™re a pain to get out again once you do and unless just a ā€˜cleanā€™ Dalmatian a lot of babies donā€™t sell well as people donā€™t want tricolour with Dalmatian in, shame as I own one and sheā€™s beautiful!

Iā€™m trialling this year with my tricolour Dalmatian (Dolly) myself and I donā€™t hold out hope that many will go at all :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thankyou!
Something to look forward to when Iā€™m out of isolation, I am sooooo bored so I keep thinking 29th, 29th, 29th! :joy:

Apache is fab, Iā€™ve updated previous owners also who are happy sheā€™s settled in well as sheā€™s always been on her own so a big change for her. But sheā€™s doing well! :relaxed:

3 Likes

I appreciate your honest advice :smiley:
Yeah, the spots do throw me off, together with the heads, like you say. Spots are a dominant trait and I know they can take time to show up, my male had one or two when little, and more spots appearing nowā€¦ I agree with you completely. They are not even a year old yet, but Iā€™m leaning towards not breeding them. I got them as babies to follow their development and to learn more about bad vs good structure, their different habits and behaviour. I like to observe and study :slightly_smiling_face:

Theyā€™ll stay here as pets.

4 Likes

They can take time or bam youā€™re born covered :joy:
I love spots myself, but I do get the mix of them with other traits isnā€™t desirable :weary:

Theyā€™re all so very different arenā€™t they!
I think youā€™d of liked Raspberry, she was an :peach: when she got here and would always try bite me! Honestly if looks could killā€¦ Sheā€™s settled down a lot now although the other day she did go to bite until I tapped her nose and that seemed to stop her attacking haha :sweat_smile:

You can see sheā€™s giving me ā€˜the lookā€™ :persevere:

8 Likes

Have you got a fav? :wink:

I mean I know we donā€™t like to have oneā€¦ But we all do :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:joy: ā€œthe lookā€ā€¦ not very happyā€¦ Sounds like you managed to interrupt and distract by tapping her nose. Thatā€™s funny.

I do love my baby Flynn, the yellow one I posted a pic of earlier, he/she is so eager to hunt and very interesting to watch at night. He/she finds all the hiding spots and likes to explore. So thatā€™s my favourite at the moment. Whatā€™s your favourite (youā€™re allowed to have more than one!)?

4 Likes

The most active ones are the best to watch :relaxed:
Have you tried a waxworm as a treat yet? :laughing:

My fav is Kaneki, he started the Crestie addiction for me so heā€™ll always be the fav here :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Then Naruto :shushing_face::joy:

3 Likes

For anyone who knows caps, super caps etc.

Looks like Extreme Cresties may actually of been the first to have made theseā€¦ And in the uk too! Heā€™s been working on secret projects for years now, and finally realeased some for sale!
Completely unrelated to RCK lines also.

So Iā€™m wondering if RCK And Extreme Cresties should be down on the Morphpedia? Tom didnā€™t say anything or release any until now, but it seems he may of actually been first with theseā€¦ :thinking:

6 Likes

I saw the super capp earlier, little bit out of my price range. Itā€™s awesome to see some rare stuff in the UK.

Iā€™ve added 2 more to the collection, red Dalmatian

Crimson cresties Dalmatian

Along with the 2 dals I picked up from ghoulishcresties should be a nice group of dals.

Wonā€™t be breeding for a couple of years though, theyā€™re all so tiny still.

9 Likes