Show Off Your Sand Boas

I couldn’t seem to find a spot dedicated to showcasing the goofy and gorgeous snakes that are sand boas. Feel free to show off your sand boas here!

Hugh the paradox snow Kenyan sand boa

Nicki the wild type rough-scaled sand boa

Honey the wild type Kenyan sand boa

Thumper the anery Kenyan sand boa

21 Likes

Gotta love the fish bait snakes. Miss keeping KSB.

6 Likes

I have definitely considered these!

5 Likes

Hey they are boas, so they sound right up your alley!

6 Likes

Yeah, but they are missing the size and head lol. I am a big snake person, one day hoping to get a female retic or two. They are definitely an option!

5 Likes

1.2 Saharan sand boas i hope to breed in a few years.

14 Likes

Ronnie the adult male Sunset Indian Sand Boa

19 Likes

I’ve already shared pictures of her elsewhere on this forum, but here’s Phoebe, my wild-type adult female KSB.

The top two pictures are of her checking out her new, larger enclosure I moved her into last weekend. She’s a big, active girl, so she definitely appreciates the extra space!

She was a re-home I took in when her previous keeper had a change in living situation and could no longer care for her. She’s a good, gorgeous girl, I love her. Sand boas are so awesome. They look like a child’s drawing come to life …if the child was not an especially talented artist. :joy:

17 Likes

This is a brand new probable morph, the Extreme Reduced-Pattern Rough-Scaled Sand Boa. This is believed to be a recessive gene but is not fully proven out yet (hopefully this year). So far, they have only been produced by Martin Nowak, the originator of the gene. West Ridge Reptiles owns the only pair that exists outside his collection. The female in this picture is one of the highest expression Extreme Reduced animals produced in 2021. I can’t wait to reproduce these. This is one of two new Rough-Scale morphs in our collection.

17 Likes

Looking good! Besides the whole egg laying thing, are they fairly similar to keep as a standard KSB?

Always happy to see more pictures of her. Good looking girl!

Whoa that is awesome to see some Mendelian mutations popping up in this species. I’m excited to see what you produce with these as well!

8 Likes

I believe that somewhere out there exists a T+ Albino Rough-Scale gene, but I haven’t seen them available in the US yet. Hopefully, when they do become available, I can afford them.

9 Likes

My newest addition…Utada Hikaru!!

22 Likes

Paradox albino is my favorite singular KSB morph. Yours looks great!

3 Likes

Thanks!! Im obsessed with her! So happy I came across her & had enough cash on me! Cant wait to breed her in the future.

3 Likes

OMG!!! I want to be at the top of your list for a pair of those reduced rough scales when they reproduce for you!! Lol while your at it how about a nice ghost girl as well!!!

4 Likes

I love it! Paradox Albino Stripes are one of my favorite snakes to produce. I wish all of mine came out with as many spots as yours has!

2 Likes

From my experience over the last few years of having them i keep my Saharan sand boas exactly the same as my KSBs and have had no issues. A few observations i have made are that they definitely are slower growers. Also i have an inkling to believe that they are more semi arboreal then their close neighbors as they all will wrap around my finger and hang on while dangling in the air. Thats just my hunch though!

3 Likes

I also keep my Saharans just like my keyans. I have noticed they definitely seem to be slower growing…with slower metabolism. Mine also tend to go on hunger strike way more often unlike my keyans. They also seems to cruise around more often @ night…sometimes my Keyans just set for long periods.

2 Likes

Mine all have some sorta climbing options & all tend to use em…@ night. My rough scale does the least climbing.

2 Likes

Right!! Love the spots!! More spots! Lol. She had the most of 3 I looked @ & her eyes are like deep green. I lucked out for sure. Besides…she is a great snake…had about a month…takes f/t from tongs & no issues. She is like my Dream keyan.

1 Like