Some buggy issues with new layout

Just wanted to share a few things I’ve noticed on the new layout that was introduced not long ago.

I notice when I go to scroll up to previous comments on a large post, especially when there are images present. It starts skipping and jumping way higher than it should, and makes it hard to stay in the spot you’re currently looking at. Not sure if this is due to the site trying to pull the images from wherever they’re being temporarily stored to display them, or how that works (I’m not sure how this process works, just speculation.)

Also noticed today an issue if you click on someone’s name to see their “status” it is cut off by the message options. See image as a reference

Overall loving the new layout, just some minor issues that would love to see fixed. Thanks!

7 Likes

I believe I have seen the skipping and jumping thing myself………

5 Likes

Yeah, me too. I assumed it was me.

6 Likes

Yay, I’m not alone!

6 Likes

Does the same for me as well

5 Likes

@eaglereptiles, I am seeing this too. When you can please let us know if you are seeing it too.

2 Likes

How are you scolling?
Finger scrolling or using the navigation bar?

When was the first time you noticed this?

Is it all topics or can you pinpoint one in particular for me?

What theme are you using?

This is a battle I am having for real estate on the user card. I’ll get that sorted though

4 Likes

I finger scroll

4 Likes

I finger scroll on mobile…

4 Likes

As others said, I finger scroll as well on mobile. And I’m using the newest theme,

I noticed it not long after the new theme came out. Any larger thread that has lots of pics, so the show off your “insert animal here” threads would be a good one to see it happen on.

Editing to add: it doesn’t only happen on those. I would say any thread that doesn’t have the entire discussion loaded instantly when it’s opened, will have the skipping issue as soon as it tries to load the “hidden” content.

4 Likes

I have been unable to reproduce this on my end on several devices… but enough of you guys are seeing it that it must be an issue… :melting_face: Any chance someone can throw up a screen recording on YT?

I do notice that sometimes when scolling up through one of these image-heavy threads it takes a decent chunk of time to pull up older posts.

Maybe we should set a limit on threads and create a “Part 2” and see if that helps things. Say 500 comments and then split it into a second thread. But then ones like this behemoth could be 6 parts long already - Show Off Your Cresties 🤩:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’m rather proud of this :grin:

I can create a part 2 and leave this one as it is!

3 Likes

So you should be!! It has become a mini-community within itself in there.
But it may be for the best to make a part 2.

If you go to the last post in that thread and tap the little timestamp…

You will get this little box, where you can use the “New Topic” button.

And it will crosslink.

3 Likes

Here you go. You can see it jump in the video.

3 Likes

Thank you Riley! :blush:

It looks like when it loads the older posts… its kicking you straight to the top of that loaded chunk?..
Rather than continuing from where you were… :thinking:

3 Likes

The way you described it is what I’m experiencing as well. I can’t watch Riley’s video but if that’s what’s happening then it’s the same for me… it doesn’t always have to be a super long thread. If its 30-40 comments and some haven’t loaded, as soon as they do it jumps and goes crazy

3 Likes

Yes, that’s how it’s appearing to me. With larger picture threads, like the old recently purchased reptile thread, it will jump much higher amounts, because the pictures are already loaded due to how we store images.

3 Likes

Is there anything that can be done about this issue? Assuming others still have it…. When I try to go look at any thread that needs to load anything more than the last 20 comments/posts or so it just goes crazy and skips so much. I’m just trying to look at the boa thread and it’s struggling, just as bad as before :disappointed:

4 Likes

I experience this my self

3 Likes

@brittni-admin i’m still experiencing this issue myself just letting you know. And @eaglereptiles also :wink:.

5 Likes