Spectacular new morph

I just saw a video on Youtube from a German breeder who just got such a spectacular ball python from Africa I just had to share. He just got it so nothing is proven yet…I just pray it does prove to be genetic because I would love to see one like this in my collection one day in future…

The video is in German but I saw you can select English subs

https://youtu.be/jZ9vO-51lbs

9 Likes

I saw this making the rounds on FB. I suspect it might prove to be part of the BlkEL complex

6 Likes

Wow this is super nice. I’m going to agree with the black eyed complex guess. Kinda reminds me a little of a disco inferno besides the black speckling.

3 Likes

That little guy is amazing!
I love what might be the morphs name if he proves it out. VIP.
I cant help but think its: Very Impressive Python.
I’m bad I know, I’ll see myself out now…

7 Likes

Like ghi! Got have it lol

1 Like

I thought the same thing hahahaha

Looks like Heite or Hete, but I think this will turn out to be a very whack paradox.

5 Likes

I was kind of thinking the same thing, I’m curious if will prove out at all

1 Like

I personally think it’s genetic. Looks like a super form of incomplete dominant fire type gene. Hope it proves out but I could end up totally wrong lol.

2 Likes

Yes he is a so Big breeder in Germany, he is Stefan broghammer. He goes often to africa, i think. I follow her YouTube Canal. I live in Germany

1 Like

No way thats a single gene animal. I would think some type of aberrant mutation like a classic jungle or paradox. It does to me look like that kente ball which apparently was never proved out as a stand alone gene either. In any case super cool looking. Don’t think I would have paid the price of a mid range car for it tho lol

4 Likes

I would have to agree with you there. I’d bet as it ages it will dull out and look even more like that Kente ball.
Nice looking snake for sure. But I don’t think pairing it with a Pied or Sunset is a smart first pairing.
I’d agree with thinking it’s part of the BlkEye complex, and would not even begin with a recessive project for first pairings.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you breed it to normal?

That way you could see if it’s recessive or incomplete Dom?

2 Likes

He even mentioned that it looks like a Kente ball python from an African breeder called Noah. Unfortunally Noah had only two females so it took long before he could try to prove it, but up till now there was no offspring looking like the Kente.

So I think he knows that the chance of not proving it out is seriously there but had enough money to take the risk. I don’t even have that money lying down on a shelf so I already know I would not consider buying it :grin:.

He thinks it might be a weird pied mutation so that it might already show something if you breed it with a pied. Who knows, it might or might not be a genetic thing. I can imagine that the first time someone saw a pied ball python they also thought it was a paradox. I really hope it is genetic.

4 Likes

That’s why he probably did take the chance through.
Because there are two females that do look like him.
I really do hope it is a new gene, not that I’d be able to get it anytime soon. :pensive:
Still, I find the whole thing really interesting and I hope it does go somewhere.

2 Likes

Prediction:
An American breeder will get one. It will prove to be co-dom. He will breed 18 females.
In 2 years you will see them on everyone’s table for $100.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12 Likes

Here’s where I’ll be selfish and say: I’m okay with that.
So thank you unknown us breeder…:nerd_face::+1:
And to stay on track of thread.
Maybe it’s a pied that has Sandblast or shatter?

3 Likes

That would be the smart thing to do. Work it into a WT and see what you get. Breed some of the hatchlings to each other and a male back to the original mom. Then that way you know what you’re getting without any extra genes to sort out.

@osbornereptiles would be able to clarify on the Sandblast possibility.
But I’d bet that’s not a Pied or Sandblast.
It doesn’t look anything like a Pied and looks more like a wacky Super Fire. Just my opinion but I don’t see him proving it out as either.

3 Likes

This definitely looks more fire type than pied. Disco supers and infernos come out looking mustard type color with ringers. No all the fire complex super come out a white type snake.

4 Likes

That’s what brought my thoughts to it being in the Fire complex. Like you say most the Supers come out very white, some have good yellow splotches on their dorsal, but given how similar this new snake is to that, I’d think it’s part of that complex, even tho it sure is an extreme example.

3 Likes