Spectacular new morph

@mnroyals Actually I meant not all the supers come out white. Most do but not all. Guess I should reread my posts lol. It reminds me of a disco inferno which is disco and fire. It’s a als I think it’s the biggest divergence from the white type snake.

3 Likes

Lol I knew what you meant to say. There is a lot of Variation in the amount of white displayed in the Supers.
I’d agree it looks most like a Disco Inferno, with exception to the black spots in that new snake, I’d definitely see it as a extreme example of the Disco Inferno.

3 Likes

Agree! The black dots are the only thing throwing me off lol.

3 Likes

:joy:…if that is true in two years I will buy one too…I think I can get my hand on one hundred dollars

2 Likes

But then the mum had to be fire too to get a super and he said that the mum really looked like a classic. There was nothing visualy different than a normal. That’s why he thought it must be recessive and also believes it must be only a one gene morph. He said that in africa they don’t do the breeding with morphs like we do. They only breed classics and hope something special comes from it so there is virtually no chance that mum met a male with several different morphs in one snake in the wild, and that makes sence. She might have found a male with maybe one morph but with two or three is a chance of one in a million. He visited the farm several times in the past and already had the ticket to go there this year but couldn’t go because of covid. So he knows the people and the way they work. That’s also maybe why he has more trust in it succeeding. He was also one of the people that got ripped of with the red and BB balls ( made also a video about that scam ) so I think by now he must have learned his lesson not to believe everyone.

But I really have to agree with @saleengrinch. It does have similarities with disco inferno. But than mum most have met a disco fire male in the wild, and that also doesn’t sound that logical. It at least got so interested that I subscribed to his channel. Besides that he has nice video’s I really don’t want to miss the result once he starts breeding it, if though it will still take years.

1 Like

I need to get a new pic of this girl.

8 Likes

Hahahaha nice one @osbornereptiles

2 Likes

Really beautyful and it does almost look like the “new morph” except for the head. What genes are in this one?

3 Likes

This is an oddball Sandblast Killer Pied I produced last year. She’s a holdback so I’ll get some updates.

4 Likes

That would be correct, but I was just saying it’s reminds me of a Super Fire and closer to a Disco Inferno, definitely not claiming it is.
The color is to off to be Pied, without added genes, unless it’s a completely new line of Pied.
And for 2 het “new line” Pieds to meet in the wild is very very unlikely.

The snake Brandon posted is a Super Pastel Sandblast Pied. That’s a 5 gene snake and basically impossible that would be recreated in the wild. Even just a Sandblast Pied would be near impossible to come out of a wild clutch in Africa.

It could be recessive, but I’d bet it’s inc-dom that will fall into the Fire/Disco complex. If he can ever even prove it out, as Noah who owns the 2 female Kente balls( which this new snake almost looks identical to besides being brighter) still has yet to prove it genetic and he’s had those 2 snakes for awhile now.

3 Likes

How reliable and trusted are these catchers?
I feel like it is all too easy to make a combo and sell it as a “wild caught” single gene.

I know he mentions that nobody in Africa is breeding combos, but I find that unbelievable. These guys have got to have caught on to the prices these snakes are being sold around the world and they will know that a majority of the money is in combos.

I’m definitely not saying that is what is happening here, I believe this to be a paradox that is related to the environment they are being found in (3 nearly identical, all female :thinking:, but that is my uneducated guess), but it makes me wonder how much people are willing to pay for their own “line” of already existing genes.

4 Likes

There are only a handful of people “breeding” Ball Pythons in Africa. They aren’t very successful. You have to understand that everything they do they have to make or fabricate themselves. Don’t see too many Americans having to shave down old crates to make bedding. Nothing comes easy there. Producing rodents to feed those Ball Pythons is even harder. Besides, they’d rather sell a abbarent animal up front, than to sit on it.

I have a feeling this may turn out to be sex linked.

6 Likes

have you guys seen a ball python for like, 39k? i saw it, its beutiful (sorry for spelling beutiful wrong) just go to albino and click most expensive, itll pop up. its a 2014 skittle paradox piebald whatever, cant remember the rest, but its super cool! its really expensive though…

1 Like

Run down your history and you will find that there are indeed a couple breeders in Africa that do things very well. And at least one of them has, and Thomas so rightly notes, “caught on to the prices these snakes are being sold” for and has been playing on that for over two decades.

2 Likes

The Kente ball python is already in the US. In the grapevine its been discussed that Freedom Breeder has several.

2 Likes

Really??? I will check them immediately…after I finished the video’s from Travis :smiley:

1 Like

Is there any proof of this? I would suspect if Freedom Breeder has a project in the works, more people would be aware of it.

1 Like

That would be amazing if true!
I mean, I wouldn’t be able to purchase it any time soon, but still an exciting thought.
@mnroyals
That’s why I suggested I’d be smarter to breed it to a normal.
Also, after reading what you and the others have to say, I’ll believe its not a pied.
But maybe it still has some kind of pattern disrupting gene in it?
Who knows?
It’s still fun to discuss and read about this.:grin:

3 Likes

Oh totally, whenever anything new like this pops up it’s fun to dispute what we all think it is.
And I agree completely, breeding to a normal is the smartest move to figure out what that “new gene” does if anything.

It’s also interesting to note in the video the guy mentions that someone had two female Kente ball pythons and was never able to successfully breed them. You would think he would have been able to pair at least one of them to a normal and potentially prove them out via the offspring. The whole thing struck me as a little odd because while it’s entirely possible to have a snake that won’t/doesn’t breed, the fact that the person who had the only two of them wasn’t able to either breed or prove either of them out seems a little weird to me

4 Likes