Spotnose + Champagne = Mismatched Eyes?

All of them have been. Blackhead spiders, blackhead champs and blackhead hgw have been proven to be allelic. Thus all of them have to sit on the same locus.

1 Like

@owalreptiles Ok sable and chocolate were proven allelic by bailey and bailey reptiles a long time ago. But these are not listed but spotnose and chocolate are. Iā€™m not understanding why that is?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been presented proof of it.

1 Like

@owalreptiles Thatā€™s understandable Iā€™m just surprised given the age of the morphs And the number of times the combo has been made. If the information isnā€™t provided you canā€™t accept it as fact.

1 Like

If the proofs out there Iā€™m all ears, itā€™s not a refusal of acceptance. I have a complete absence of evidence. If you would of told me a few years ago enchi and black pastel were allelic, Iā€™d say the same thing. There was zero public proof of any trails to show it. Despite both morphs being around forever and combos being made forever also. Iā€™m not sure what your asking of me, if thereā€™s proof, link me to it.

2 Likes

@owalreptiles Never said you refused to accept anything. My point was Iā€™m surprised the proof hasnā€™t already been presented. Given thereā€™s not a lot of people that actively work with sable anymore I doubt that many of these breedings will take place to document it. Iā€™m not in the least trying to come off as cross or argumentative. So I apologize if thatā€™s the way it seems.

4 Likes

I know about the ringers. Itā€™s one of the things that drew me to champagne in the first place. But the breeder said they where all het pied. Canā€™t wait till my girls are ready to breed. Hopefully the first one next year.

@lindasark

Het pied may not be whatā€™s causing the pied look. Even normal champagnes can look full blown pied. I have no evidence besides my own experiences to back this up. But seems to me the black eyed Lucy and 8 ball complex have a higher tendency to throw ringers and pied look. Neither of these two have het pied and both appear pied.

2 Likes

ok so i have made several clutches over the years of champagne spotnose combos. They do have a wobble. None of them had issues eating or thriving. I didnā€™t have any with 2 different colored eyes, that i recall.

3 Likes

@wreckroomsnakes What did they look like? Never seen one? Do you have any pictures would love to see them!:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for this addition. The most beautifull ones where indeed cinnamon champagne and black pastel champagne comboā€™s.

1 Like

@lindasark Your female is super nice! Super orange dream champagne is a smoking combo to! I think whichever route you go with your gal she will make some amazing babies!

2 Likes

From a Spotnose fire x champagne

6 Likes

Iā€™m now getting very curious if there is any correlation between champagne and mismatching eyes like champagne and ringers, or that it is a total random thing and people had that with all types of genes. And is there a correlation with wobble ( in case itā€™s more in the spider gene complex). I would be happy to hear from others, so I made a new topic about it. I donā€™t want to steal your topic so hope you donā€™t see it like that. You just got me so curious and if Justin had two of themā€¦and all are champagneā€¦

2 Likes

@wreckroomsnakes Man the one with the ringer is nice!!! :fire: super nice clutch

3 Likes

This one is a proven Firefly Spotnose Champagne. She showed zero wobble until she produced her first clutch.

fb51b2c9835532c445749ac5f6c6b169

I believe it is the combo of the leopard spotnose champange that is causing the 2 different colored eyes.
I produced a clutch of perigons (spotnose champagne) but i canā€™t seem to find those pics

4 Likes

You may be right! Champagne and the 8 ball complex clutches are what I usually produce the most of. I know Champagnes seem to have a lot of variance in eye color.

3 Likes

Actually looking back is misread it as I wasnā€™t accepting it as fact. My mistake. I apologize.

5 Likes

Interestingly it seems from my breedings so far that Spotnose and Blackhead are not allelicā€¦

6 Likes

@jkobylka Would you say that sable is allelic to spotnose and chocolate in your opinion/experience?

2 Likes