Stefanie w/ an F! About time I intro myself

All my animals thO are named after…places…anime…scifi movies…or Dragonball Z…lol lol

1 Like

Your name game is on point. He looks like a bit of a jerk, and I love that. I like snakes that want to kill me, but stand no chance. We have a Western Hognose name Margaret Thatcher, she’s never happy about anything. Love the asian rats, and the carpet too. Seems like I’m about to have 7 carpet pythons…sitting at 4 in house right now, 3 waiting to ship when the weather cools off.

I haven’t had a snake wrap me up in a long time. I have been bit more by Crested Geckos than snakes in the last decade or so. So cute.

2 Likes

Yeah I have a rescue Day Gecko right now that is huge & he likes to eat wax worms as treats…& resently he missed & bit my hand! Hurt alot more than I thought it would! lol. My Blood Python was so sweet…then he just decided one day litterally almost to the day that he turned 2… that he would huff & puff & try to bite me… everytime! Idk what his deal is…but actually been bit twice now…& I’m already sick of getting bit by him. Lol

Mathythuis- Saharan (Muller’s) sand boa
He is such a derp!! Absolute sweetheart thO

6 Likes

Turles- Rough scale (Russell’s) sand boa

6 Likes

Welcome Stefanie!
You’ve got some Amazing reptiles there :heart_eyes:
And those sand boas are amazing, been looking into them myself and they just seem so lovely!

1 Like

I really like boas in general… but sand boas are great. Very low maintenance really. I Highly recommend them… only down fall is you only see their face poking out…unless your up @ 300am with a flashlight…lol
But I have a Rough scale…2 Saharans… & 5 Keyans.

2 Likes

This guy is :fuelpump::fire: as well!!! Love the diversity of your collection! The blood and bamboo rat are stellar as well! Super nice stuff!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Stefanie! :smiley:
Love all the pics!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the Welcomes!! I’ll have to post more pics of my collection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mathythuis my one Saharan was a recuse…He was the skinniest sand boa I’d ever seen in real life when I got him about a year ago. Looks like a completely different snake nowadays… has fir awhile… most are but They said they got him as a wild caught…actually a huge scar down the one side of his face… & on his neck…but litterally one of the sweetest snakes ever!!!.. &Turles my Rough scale is from Hills herps…off here. He is just cool as…

The 5 Keyans

Versace- Albino Paradox…My very 1st sandbox! believe it or not he is pushing 7…he just stop growing…lol
Nimbus- high orange stripe( ruffencens cross)
Puma Punku- stripe (ruffencens cross- all stripes are from my understanding) she is in shed
Makona- Albino (stripe)
Odin…my one eyed Anery(slash) He is a runt that is missing his right eye…his other is pinned( tiny & has scale edges over it) & his head is smaller than it should be. He is doing awesome thO…doesn’t seem to bug him @ all

N

4 Likes

Odin was already rescued by someone from a breeder. She couldn’t get him to eat f/t…& couldn’t get live small pinks without a long drive every week…( starting a breeding colony…lol) I bought the cage & decor he was in but …he was free. Granted I’ve taken the extra time with him to tease feed…but has never eaten a live since I got him 5 months ago…
Love him soooo much …he will never be part of a breeding projects with my Keyans…but I cant wait till I could possibly use him for an education program with kids. People that are just “scared to death” of snakes have seen him…& kinda like him. Ambassador!!

I.e. my one Aunt…that wont be in the Same room as my Blood Python & my “true” boas…thinks “he is cute”…her words!!

Actually besides Odin…I have 2 other…very special needs snakes. I have a Spider ball…with a decent wobble…& a Eastern hog…that was sent me free along with her brothers from a breeder…that somehow…I managed to fix!! & she was scary bad. I’ll have to find the old video.

Hmm…cant load video…

I had a hog sent to me extra…back story…bought her brothers…got asked if I wanted her…but she had a neurological " problem ". Unboxed that day & about lost it how bad she really was…after so much stress…she just struggled to right herself for days!! Her name Ekans…cause she was backwards. But cant tell now!!!

1 Like

Here other brother…Shugesh…is also taking to being a b**thole.

Pic does him no justice…his yellow hints green. Very pretty Eastern…the reason I bought the group…lol

2 Likes

He doesn’t huff & puff & throw a fit like his brother Madmardagon…he just fans alittle & poops on my pillow…now. jerk

1 Like