Surprise Het

It looks like a hypo/ghost to me, though I’m not 100% familiar with the morph myself. I’ve seen enough at shows and even had a spider enchi ghost male at one point in time.

1 Like

Androgenesis would actually add up just fine for the Hypo GHI to be the parent. Just because you did not see a lock, does not mean one did not happen. I have had more than a few clutches from females where I never actually saw the locks but they very obviously happened

1 Like

I fully understand that locks can occur without me seeing them, I was also thinking to myself about how this male has been a pain to get locks with females in general. I didn’t communicate that though, so my bad.

So that would basically mean dual sired clutch? at least for that individual snake, and the other 3 coming from the banana bumblebee specter?
other babies were:
Banana Cinnamon (poss hypo)
Banana spider (poss hypo)
cinnamon

I agree an unseen lock from the hypo ghi can explain the hypo hatchling. And the cinnamon could have been a result from either male. So there’s a 50% chance it is het hypo.

On one had you might have had a unseen lock that exposed a hidden het, but bad odds with other genes. Awesome, cause now your adult female is het hypo.

Other the other hand, you discovered two hidden hets in a pairing.
In this case I’d be buying lotto tickets.

try taking a few pics outside in natural sunlight vs inside with artifical lighting which can washout and change the look of certain morphs. Use this as a tool for help
Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

2 Likes

im a bit worried about the temperature outside, where i’m at its only 30 degrees F outside right now. supposed to get up to 50 in the next couple days, so maybe i can try some then.