Tell me this isn’t what I think it is……

Oh my goodness, @caron !! You have certainly got the magic touch when it comes to effortless, unexpected reproduction! I wonder if the seller at the Expo would have sold her had they realized this was about to happen.

Yeah, congratulations are in order… right? :laughing:

5 Likes

Maybe contact a seller that deals with scorpions that will be at the October NARBC show in Tinley. They may buy them wholesale from you for the show. NARBC should have a vendor list on their website.

7 Likes

I showed this thread to my husband. He said, “They’re all so cute, in a Tim Burton kind of way!” :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Well Caryl I am not sure about congratulations but this is a great opportunity to learn about something that later on I may be able to help someone else with! lol!

I can’t wait to see what else turns up……. :thinking::rofl::joy::rofl::tired_face:

5 Likes

If I have to go to Chicago? Isn’t that where Tinley is? It won’t be worth it because I am just south of Indy……… :pray::blush: But thank you Tom for the suggestion!

5 Likes

I have to say they are almost opaque! Btw who is Tim Burton? Or am I missing something? Lol! :joy::thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, Tinley is near Chicago. But it will be worth it just going to Tinley for the show is fun. Maybe you will make enough off of the babies to cover the cost of the show tickets. Get to BS with MM people, Jeff Ronne, and others. I always go to the show. Not to mention, you might pick something up you want.

7 Likes

I would take one if I was nearby.

Tim Burton, director. Batman, Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, etc.

7 Likes

lol! I would love to go just to meet Jeff Ronne in person! He calls me the crazy boa lady! He helped me get through my surprise baby boa episode! I consider him a friend! Lol! Also I would LOVE to meet other MM people! If I just had someone to go with me…….

6 Likes

Isn’t it lovely how life is just full of surprises? I suppose in this instance, it’s full of scorpions, isn’t it? Well, it truly couldn’t happen to a nicer gal, @caron! I am thoroughly loving your response to this surprise. :clap:

5 Likes

:joy: Well I guess @caryl Caryl, I guess when life throws you baby scorpions, make a beeline for MM! Lol. And God bless you for your kind words! Life is certainly grand, ain’t it! :heart::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I would be there if I could be lol :joy:. But life is just too busy for that right now.

6 Likes

I know @lumpy! Riley! But God bless you for the thought! :heart::pray::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Looks like someone else needs to join the pantyhosed Critter Keeper Club. :joy:

Those are definitely babies. Congratulations? :rofl:

Though I don’t think the babies will be able to reach the vents, as scorpions can’t climb smooth surfaces. But extra security measures can’t hurt!

6 Likes

Thank you @jawramik! More of a surprise than anything else! She obviously was gravid when I got her. I am not going to keep them so they will go to a friend of mine.

It’s definitely an incredible experience, kind of like your wolf spiders! :blush:

6 Likes

And btw I didn’t even have pantyhose! Lol! Who wears those things anymore anyway! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I know, I had to run to CVS to buy some, because you couldn’t pay me enough to wear those infernal torture devices. :rofl:

6 Likes

When I think of all the money I spent over the years on panty hose which self-destructed, usually at very inopportune moments, I just have to shake my head and laugh.

6 Likes

Yeah I know! And the more I spent on them the faster they ran or ripped or whatever! lol! That was back in the day when I did my hair, makeup, hose heels etc to work in an accounting office every day. Now I see myself in my moo moo in the mirror and laugh :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

The last time I wore pantyhose was for high school choir. After freshman year, I got wise to the fact that I could get away with knee-highs, since our choir dresses were floor-length. I’ve refused to let anyone bully me into wearing them ever again. Fortunately, I’m of a generation where it’s been “required” far less often than it once was. You ladies who had to wear it have my respect! If I’d had to wear pantyhose to join the workforce, I think I would have become a hermit in the Yukon. :joy:

6 Likes