The freckles never end!

This is the oldest pic I could find of her.

12 Likes

That’s amazing. I’ve seen freckles on pieds before but Ive never been aware of them developing so drastically over time.

@osbornereptiles from your experience with pieds, have you seen them develop like this overtime or have they been born with faint spots and they increase in size or develop more overtime?

4 Likes

I have a baby black pastel pied with a handful of freckles, but nothing like this. Wondering if any other genes are related…a decent % of the black pastels I searched browsed on MM had this paradoxing.

6 Likes

Wow I’ve never seen a pied like that, I hope that eventually we can prove it out to be a genetic combo to breed for.

3 Likes

She’s stunning :heart_eyes::heart:

2 Likes

Wish we were close. This guy would love her!

7 Likes

She’s stunning!

4 Likes

Absolutely stunning. My guy needs a date with your girl to produce some super freckle offspring! Wow!

46 Likes

@rehkerreptiles

OK, I’ll ask, what is that??
(Stunning BTW)

1 Like

My guess is that it’s some sort of Banana Leopard combo.

@akmorphs would love this thread…

4 Likes

Just thought I’d chime in with my experience in gaining freckles. We bred a black pastel pied to a black pastel pied this year and watching the babies grow has sure been fun! Two were born solid white (one panda, one I’m not so sure of yet, possibly a panda) and one black pastel pied.
Mom is het albino, dad is 50% het albino. Not sure this has any relation to freckling but we didn’t hit any albinos in 4 eggs anyway.
The fourth baby is simply a pied and is not pictured as it hasn’t gained any pattern that I have noticed. Each freckle has started as a single grey scale revealed after a shed. About 4 months old now, those single grey scales have turned black and each shed has revealed more grey scales surrounding the original. Pretty cool.

The solid white one has one grey scale at this point and is grown slower because it has not switched from live food yet.
Panda:

Possible Panda:

Black pastel pied:

We were a little discouraged when the two solid white ones hatched out, but the new developments have us watching them very close!

9 Likes

This boy has a decent amount of freckles that started as grey spots too:

He produced no Pieds yet, but he did make this awesome super black pastel with what looks like the starlings of orange freckles:

28 Likes

Super nice super black pastel!!! Smoking! Interesting side note I literally have the exact same floor in my house! Thought the picture was took in my house for a minute lol.

6 Likes

12 Likes

oooh, what’s the top caramel-y colored one?

4 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:I want to know as well!

3 Likes

I wonder if the specks will continue to develop on this one. That would be something

5 Likes

@chesterhf @jes3721 She was a huge caramel glow I hatched out years ago. I kept her for a long time but ended up giving to someone as a pet in a one snake family lol.

6 Likes

:rofl: Ah you know I did break into this place and snatch him from the nice wooden floor somewhere.

5 Likes

Wow, I think they would make some killer babies :star_struck:

2 Likes