The freckles never end!

Any updates on her? I saw her photo on the slideshow thing and think she’s super pretty!

8 Likes

This would be interesting to see the outcome! I WANT ONE!

2 Likes

I produced a male pumpkin pied a couple years ago. He’s done the same thing. A majority of the freckles are almost perfect Xs. He began with none at all.

5 Likes

Any pics of baby and now? :blush:

2 Likes

Unfornutely, it does not prove out. I had one just like that and bred it and nothing . Tried again and nothing. To multiple females and held back for nearly 18 months , still nothing. Really cool looking but just a weird paradoxing .

5 Likes

Any pics of yours and it’s babies etc? :blush:

2 Likes

What about getting a kit to test the snakes DNA?

2 Likes

That doesn’t exist to my knowledge. I am sure @t_h_wyman and @chesterhf can chime in on exactly why it doesn’t get.

2 Likes

It does and it does not.

There is a group that is working on identifying the genes behind morphs in balls. To date, they have a valid test for the Albino complex, Lav, and Ultramel. They are currently working on YB complex, BlkPastel complex, and GStripe. The type of test that this group has created are binary - they show the mutation is either there, or that it is now.

There is another group that has claimed to have located the Pied gene, but I have not seen the hard data there. They also do not have a specific test to resolve presence/absence like the other group has.

The binary nature of the test I spoke of above does not offer any insight into anomalous expressions like what is seen here, as those are the result of complex genetic interactions

7 Likes

Oh beautiful! Looking forward to seeing if she bred well!

2 Likes

I was undecided about speckles until I saw this.
Whatever the cause its beautiful.

4 Likes

I love you bought this was the opposite for genes like black pastel/cinnamon. They tend to significantly increase the amount of dots, dont they?

4 Likes

They don’t in my experiences the coral glow stuff I have hatched has mainly been butter, calico, and black pastel. Of the ones I have actually kept and raised calico was the only gene by itself that didn’t reduce the amount of freckles. Admittedly the black pastel stuff wasn’t just black pastel there was other genes with it as well. I have gotten minimal speckling in butter and mojave combos as well. Different “lines” may get different phenotype expression of freckling as well.

2 Likes

I assumed/have seen a lot of banana/CG stuff that had minimal freckles, but I had always seen black pastel/cinnamon have much more freckles, so I didn’t think about the other genes in play.

2 Likes

My banana has minimal freckles. No idea why, just a banana :banana:

3 Likes

Adorable!!

Is it a super. I have a 1KG super banana with only one freckle.
Or is it a BEL complex? e.g lesser, mojave etc. They are supposed to have less if any.
Or I guess it could just be what that snake is like.

1 Like

Just a banana :blush:

1 Like

So im watching dav kaufman on youtube ajd he was at the arlington tx expo, ajd i swear i just saw this snake shown. Maybe??

1 Like

That is the most unusual pattern! Its like a “normal” snake poking out if gravel.

1 Like