They're so cute when they're little

My dart frogs laid eggs yesterday! There’s 6 in total

11 Likes

Congratulations that’s such a big achievement! What kind of dart frogs? Hope you get some beautiful little tadpoles that develop into some awesome adults

1 Like

Dendrobates leucomelas

2 Likes

I absolutely love the yellow banded. They are truly unique little darts. I am so happy for you!

1 Like

Unfortunately 3 of the eggs went bad, but the others are developing into tadpoles!

7 Likes

I told you that they’re so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

D leuco huh…thats one of the 3 Dendrobates species I wanna start with along with some tinctorius and auratus. In addition to the Uromastyx I want to have some of these beautiful lil kermits. So cute :heart_eyes:. I heard that apparently when they came up with leucomelas for the species name (it actually means white+black) it was because the specimen being observed had its yellow bleached out of it somehow and appeared black and white instead of yellow. Just imagine how cool it would be if they had a version just as beautiful and active but say pac-man frog sized or so. I wish there were upsided darts like that of all diff kinds not just dendrobates but phyllobates and Oophaga and all that as well. I think dart frogs in general are def my fav kind of amphib.

I got my first dose of the covid vaccine and these guys are absorbing their gills!

5 Likes

That’s awesome for both of those things. Just look how cute they are!!

One hatched today!

5 Likes

Let’s go, this a wonderful way to start the month!

1 Like

Update?? That’s so awesome!

2 Likes

They’ve been getting bigger

4 Likes

Awhh!! How awesome :yum:

1 Like

I cannot wait until they actually turn into true frog that hops on land

2 Likes

I love how they’re developing, how did you breed them, did you just keep them in the same enclosure and move the eggs, once laid, to a new container.

2 Likes

The dart frogs just kinda bred themselves, when I found the eggs I put them in a separate container because there are 2 other females in the enclosure and they’ll sometimes eat another’s eggs

3 Likes

We’ve got legs!

6 Likes

This is awesome!!!

2 Likes

Awh, how exciting!

3 Likes