This beauty didn't make it

I had 5 out of 8 pipped so I cut open the other 3 and they were dead. Very disappointed that this one didn’t make it

5 Likes

That’s disappointing. What was the pairing and what morph do you think that snake was?

2 Likes

Black pastel pastel enchi lemonback lesser x hgw and I have no idea what it was. It was very pretty. Looked like a tiger print orange with black stripes

1 Like

hard to tell because if they are under developed the colors aren’t as accurate. I see enchi and hgw but that’s all i can tell from the photo. Likely lesser and or black pastel is influenced there too. I don’t work with lemonback. Maybe @saleengrinch can throw in some thoughts too.

Based on the pairing, I don’t think it could be enchi AND black pastel unless the HGW parent was also carrying one of these genes. From what I understand enchi and black pastel are allelic. So the parent carrying both could have only passed on one or the other.

I was aware of cinnamon and enchi being called allelic… haven’t seen it with black pastel yet. But yes your comment makes sense if that is true.

1 Like

I believe it was enchi lemonback hgw

I have not personally worked with black pastel and enchi together either but it seems pretty accepted that they are allelic as noted on this thread.

Allelic Morphs aka Complexes

1 Like

The rest of the clutch. I will share more pics after their 1st shed

I’m in agreement and enchi is a part of the eight ball/gargoyle complex and is allelic to all genes in it.

Given that super cinnamons/black pastels have issues, maybe even two different alleles within the commplex is sufficient to cause some level of lethality. Has this ever been documented or reported before?

1 Like

I have never heard of a single issue in the complex besides from cinny x cinny, black pastel x black pastel, and cinny x black pastel.

2 Likes

I’m sorry about your loss. I know that can be disappointing, but at least you still have 5 healthy babies!

Yes and I am excited to see the soul sucker combos when they shed

1 Like

They are starting to shed. First 2

4 Likes

3 Likes

Super nice! Love soul suckers!