This isn’t a normal

Came to a chain petstore for dog food… as always, I look at the reptiles…

This is marked as a normal.

2 Likes

Seems like a normal to but I could be wrong. Possibly one of those subtle morphs

2 Likes

This would be why I suck at IDing looking at the orangish peach colored alien heads towards the bellies I would think there was something else going on…

2 Likes

I don’t think the pictures are showing the color good enough. It was VERY orange and peach. To me it was very obviously not a “normal” morph. They must have gotten a new shipment in cause there were 5-6 there. All marked as “normal” And looked as such but this one was golden on its back, Orange/peach alien heads and bright blushing on its head. The eye stripes also were almost 2x as thick as others I have seen.

1 Like

Here are some other pictures cause I went back and purchased her for my sister after she said my nephew wanted her and she was only $40. The pictures really do not show her bright colors. Probably just a pastel. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

That’s not a pastel. It is probably just a brightly colored normal, but could be worth breeding as a dinker.

6 Likes

I agree with Nathan and West, from the pictures it looks like a normal to me. We could be wrong though.

There is definitely no Pastel as that also causes changes to the pattern aswel as the colour.

I’m going to guess that as the store had quite a few of them and they were $40 each, that they are just Normals. However, pet stores get their animals from whereever they can, so there is a chance (probably a big chance) that she is het for something… As to what, that is impossible to tell without a lot of breeding.

If you are certain there is something going on that the camera isnt picking up, try taking some pictures outside while the sun is up. Here is a guide that will help us help you… Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

3 Likes

Looks like a light normal. Normals can be vary a good bit, from light to dark. This is the time of year that a lot of the larger box stores (petsmart/petco) will start getting in the import bush babies and normals and normal hets that larger breeding facilites whole sale.

2 Likes

I see. :slight_smile: I took her out in the sun and you can see a little more of how light she is. The alien heads near her tail bleed together and look almost smeared with her belly pattern coming up higher at her tail but im sure she is just a lighter/orangish normal like you all have said. Seeing her beside all the other normals she REALLY stood out with how bright and peach she is. :slight_smile:

My nephew will love her nonetheless :slight_smile:
Thank you all for the help!!!

3 Likes

She looks to have a bit of what looks like a “ringer” near her tail, which is sometimes a visual marker for het pied.

Edit: here’s a het pied male I had that has a ringer, look near the tail end. It’s that bit of white coming up the side!

4 Likes

It looks like an Orange Dream. I have one and it looks just like mine.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely seen a couple of Fire morphs at my local Petsmart listed as normals for sale. Al, I was thinking was maybe a breeder got tired of hanging on to a couple of extra snakthey couldn’t sell off so they offed them to a pet store.

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone. I definitely do see the ringer, her belly is kinda orange in that area too. I still don’t think the pictures are doing her justice. She is really bright and orange/peach.

2 Likes

I dont believe that is an orange dream. Looks like a normal to me as well.

2 Likes

My het pieds started out super orange/peach looking on the sides, so it could also be that.
That’s why I’m suspecting my first normal I got may also be het pied, she’s got the tracks on her belly and had the same high blushing and bright coloration when I got her. It’s faded out now but either way the only way I’ll know is by breeding her and proving her out.

3 Likes

they almost look orange dream to me

1 Like