Too many genes?

This pairing of mine has 5 genes — 1.0 butter spinner (butter spider pinstripe) x 0.1 pewter (pastel cinnamon)

They produced these two beautiful females last year, that I of course held back:

0.1 pewter bee (pastel cinnamon spider)

0.1 butter spinnerblast (butter pastel spider pinstripe)

I’m not sure if I’ll get another clutch from them this year, but if not I’ll be repeating the pairing next season. Wondering what the all-gene combo looks like and hoping I can hit it either way!

3 Likes

If you wanna get a multi gene female try to get one with two supers in it.

This will guarantee you’ll know the genes that came from mom because every baby will have those genes minimum.

So if you did 4 gene male x super enchi super pastel female, every baby will be pastel enchi plus whatever genes dad puts in.

I have a Pastel calico enchi vanilla hypo male and a Orange dream yellowbelly firefly calico 0.1

Since I’m only so -so when it comes to IDing genes I’ve decided to put the male to a pied female and the multi gene female to my ultramel male.

This way after I produce babies using the siblings I feel confident I’ll be able to ID the pied/ultramel morphs I’ll end up with moreso than if I paired these two together I’d probably have a much harder time lol.

3 Likes

They’re pricey but there are a couple of Ivory Super OD females available. On top of the genes your male is carrying, they would throw OD & YB with every egg. Those are respectable combos by themselves but add Fire, Lesser or Pinstripe to the mix, they would make some stunners. Personally, I would avoid Super Pastel. Pastel is alright but you could not avoid it with a Super Pastel. Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

Go to the MM calculator and type in the genes on the male side and play around with the genes
for the female. I just typed in your male genes and then randomly put in super leopard ivory for the
female genes. It has Ocelot Fire Yellow Belly as just one of the offspring. Go check it out. The
calculator is my best buddy when I want to know what will come out of a pairing.

Its funny you say that because I was looking at a bongo yellow belly this morning that I will most likely purchase this week.

1 Like

6 Likes

Pastel butter leopard spider pinstripe and either fire or vanilla

So incredible

1 Like

I have to figure out which genes to add later to really make it pop

1 Like

Obvious answer IMO is banana

I think banana would wash it out even more

1 Like

Or you could produce a purple snake

Go darker for contrast. Ghi, Spotnose, Mahogany, blk pstl etc. And add Desert Ghost for a long term project.

1 Like

Today I purchased a bongo yellow belly to go with him. I think bongo has potential.

Alien heads sold me

2 Likes

I have a ghi cypress and a pastel black head red gene that might go well but not sure what other male I have that would help pairing to her

1 Like

I would name yours Cheesesnake

I got a bunch of awesome stuff in that clutch. I keep 3 of the females

1 Like

I’ve scooped up a few gene heavy bps as foundational bps for my collection. Both males and females.
1.0 firefly enchi yb
1.0 Leo cinnapin
0.1 superblast enchi fire
0.1 calico spotnose hra
They will initially make hets with a few the recessive genes collected
0.1 spider tsk axanthic
0.1 spider clown
1.0 desert ghost
For visual display reasons and or health reasons there are a few genes I’m collecting primarily in females. I would love to breed a few 6,7 gene powerhouse bps of my own one day.

3 Likes

Yeah all of my multi gene snakes i produced myself

2 Likes

Well the ones with 4 or more genes

2 Likes