"Traits" fully inaccessible at the moment [6208] Fixed

Hey just a heads up. Whatever update happened recently, completely took out the trait search.

6 Likes

Good catch. I was looking at the change to the action bar showing up on the right hand side of the pictures and didn’t even notice this issue

4 Likes

Noticed this just now, not sure if it’s part of the changes going on, but it seems there’s no way to access trait listings. When I go to the specific species and click “traits” it sends me to the overarching category (colubrids, pythons, etc) and then when you choose a species, it redirects back to the main “shop” section and not to the actual traits for that species.

Currently working on my MacBook Air running Google Chrome. Saw a couple of others mentioned the same issue in the MRC Changelog thread as well.

Edited to add: The entire traits feature is currently useless no matter how you try to access it. URLs involving traits all just bring up the animals for sale page.

5 Likes

Just noticed this myself and made a bug report on it, what a frustrating issue.

3 Likes

You two are talking about two completely different issues :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Having the same issue on my phone

3 Likes

Pretty sure we’re not.

3 Likes

Who? I was making reference to another change I noticed in the update(which I’m not a fan of, but oh well), but saying good catch regarding the traits issue. I think we’re all on the same page

You can’t look at any traits, period. Even if going to an animal and clicking on a trait.

3 Likes

Same for me and all of my friends. I’m on a windows PC

4 Likes

It’s the same seemingly for everyone, looks like.

Temporary workaround I found is to enter the URL manually, so for example if it sends you to colubrid traits and you want corns specifically, you remove the “traits” after colubrids/, and then after the forward slash, you would put “corn-snakes/traits”

If the species you need traits for is two words, there’s a dash between. If one, it’s just speciesname/traits.

Hope this helps until it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Posting the workaround here as well. To access the traits pages for now, change the URL manually. After the category (boas, colubrids, pythons, etc) instead of /traits, add the species first. If the species is two words, a dash goes between.

Ex:
colubrids/corn-snakes/traits
pythons/ball-pythons/traits

Edit: Never mind, this also does not work and any trait just leads to all animals for sale even though the URL says it’s doing a search.

3 Likes

I also now can’t search for any trait. When I go to ball pythons and search for a specific trait, it “resets” the page and searches all animals, ignoring my trait. But if I go to the ball python page, select male, it does search for male ball pythons.

4 Likes

Wow, yep, seems several things are broken. Clicking any trait now just goes to all animals for sale, regardless.

Edit: Removed previous suggestion as that gives the same result. Traits fully broken.

3 Likes

Going to quickly throw a @eaglereptiles and @aj-admin @brittni-admin

In the hopes that someone sees this that can let the team know (if they aren’t already aware, I’d imagine they are though).

4 Likes

Hello all and thank you for the feedback! We are having several issues related to traits and search. Our team is aware and we are prioritizing resolving this issue. We hope to have it fixed first thing. I am so sorry about the trouble it’s causing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

5 Likes

I’m still learning how this forum works, so I apologize for duplicating any notifications, but I figured I’d share my response to all of the commenters individually, as well: Hello all and thank you for the feedback! We are having several issues related to traits and search. Our team is aware and we are prioritizing resolving this issue. We hope to have it fixed first thing. I am so sorry about the trouble it’s causing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

5 Likes

I’m still learning how this forum works, so I apologize for duplicating any notifications, but I figured I’d share my response to all of the commenters individually, as well: Hello all and thank you for the feedback! We are having several issues related to traits and search. Our team is aware and we are prioritizing resolving this issue. We hope to have it fixed first thing. I am so sorry about the trouble it’s causing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

5 Likes

Thank you! We are aware of this and we are working on it!

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the right spot, but when trying to search a specific Ball Python morph, it brings up every species. ( example clown, it brings up geckos, colubrids, boas and some insects)

The settings so “ball python” but nothing else is working right.

2 Likes

The MM team is aware and is working to get it fixed.

5 Likes