TRN 2023 Season IDs

I’m happy to take another guess at the morphs, but I’d like to request a little better pics, especially of the last one to shed out. Can you get some pics on a solid background, preferably white with just the snake in it in natural lighting?

5 Likes

Hopefully these work, it’s a bit hot and stuffy outside but at least sunny :joy:

Baby # 1

Baby # 2

8 Likes

Great, thank you for these. I’ll do some comparing and come back to you tonight/tomorrow once I’ve looked into it a bit more. Admittedly I don’t work with some of these morphs, but I’ll see what I can hypothesize.

5 Likes

Also here’s a pic of mom when she was a baby, from her MorphMarket listing:

Then her shortly after she laid her eggs:

Crazy how much she browned out as she grew!

As for dad… he didn’t change much :joy:

Can’t find any good photos of him, but here’s him getting his job done with the momma :rofl:

8 Likes

Yeah most of these are a first for me, I knew the clutch was gonna be a doozy to ID but it definitely threw me a curveball with the two visual albinos from a het x het pairing :joy:

At least I proved out the het albino on both of them, since they were both first time breeders.

I appreciate the help either way! Ya’ll are awesome :heart:

5 Likes

Those pics are great! I’m sure the second has to have Enchi and probably pastel, just by the head alone! That’s a great head pattern, eye stripes! Still very on the fence about mahogany vs. Mojave but in both parents the side patterns were more floating and busy so I don’t know if they would have both, I think you could be right as cinnamon, Mojave, Enchi. Only thing is not could be mahogany instead of Mojave? I think they both have Enchi and the second has pastel.

5 Likes

Okay, I appear to be unborked

So… These are tough. First because of all the genes involved and second because pics of all Albino combos just suck to ID from regardless of how good you are with a camera.

With those caveats out of the way, here are my best guesses

For baby 1 - CinnyEnchi Mahogany Mojave
For baby 2 - CinnyEnchi Mojave Pastel

8 Likes

Yeah that’s fair, my camera doesn’t even capture their colors that well — they’re brighter in person!

But I’d say I’d agree with those, based on the comparisons I had made with non-albino examples.

Thank you so much for your input, it does help a lot!

Now I gotta decide which one I wanna keep… :joy:

6 Likes

This bunch o babies all shed too, but should be easier to ID! I have a pretty good idea of what they are but confirmations always help!

Pairing was 1.0 VPI axanthic spider x 0.1 pastel vanilla lesser

0.1 pastel vanilla (brighter than a regular pastel)

1.0 pastel vanilla lesser (looks just like mom)

1.0 pastel or vanilla lesser spider?

0.1 pastel lesser spider vanilla (more washed out than the other spider so I assume it has all the genes)

If I need more pics let me know, these guys didn’t really want to cooperate for pictures :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks for your help, I agree these were really tough to id!:+1:

6 Likes

I agree with your ids on all those eraser head vanillas😂 I think the one you aren’t sure on is vanilla as well, just lacking the pastel. That last spidey morph is going to be super bright!

5 Likes

Yeah I was fairly sure it didn’t have both, just one or the other, but wasn’t sure which one it has.

It could also be a pastel vanilla spider? Rather than vanilla lesser spider?
I dunno, the examples I’ve found of both those combos look fairly similar to mine :joy:

5 Likes

That my friend is not going to be an easy decision!!!

4 Likes

It really isn’t :joy:

I prefer the coloration of the one with more white, but prefer the genetics on the one with less white… :thinking:

I’ll definitely have to put some thought into it. :joy:

5 Likes

For sure a hard decision! I would holdback the washed out spider, the head, super blushed out dorsal, slightly reduced pattern! Just great, that one is so bright it hurts my eyes😂

4 Likes

I was referring to the two albinos :face_with_hand_over_mouth: — but I’ll be keeping the vanilla queenbee since she’s got all the genes and is a female!

5 Likes

Oh good, to me they both looked great but it wasn’t a biting fingernails decision​:joy: I just assumed you would keep both albinos! I have almost a whole rack of holdbacks, yes my rat bill is getting bigger and probably not smart holding so many back. I still recommend it though in cases like yours! How could you choose between those two?:rofl:

5 Likes

I could keep both, but I’m also trying to decide how I could use them for future pairings if I do keep them — I don’t think I’d work them back into my cinnamon suma project, since I’m trying to make a non-albino one :joy:

Most albino projects haven’t caught my eye too much outside of albino pieds and high contrast albinos.

Then again I could just ignore the albino aspect and focus on what they could produce with the incdoms, hets aren’t always a bad thing to carry around!

5 Likes

Absolutely! Especially guaranteed hets, like your first generation with either would be! If you are not too into the albino stuff I’m sure you could get some very decent money for 1, but then I couldn’t tell you which to pic!:joy: If wyman is right, and I have no reason to believe otherwise! Then genetically speaking it would most likely be this one:

Also are they both male? I read guys in your post but that could mean whatever. If not then I guess depending on the sex and how fast and much you want to use one for breeding that matters as well.

3 Likes

All three from that clutch turned out to be males, yes!

So why I’m pretty conflicted on it — though I do think I would get better use out of the albino cinny enchi mahogany mojave male genetics-wise.

He’d probably be good to mix with another recessive, like clown maybe, or even pied — double hets are always good!

3 Likes