TRN Reptiles - 2022 Season

Wow, this made me not want to drink my Wawa coffee. I hope that the rest of the eggs turn out for you.

2 Likes

First clutch is on day 60 now (this pic was taken a few days ago though) — no pips yet. I did incubate at 88°F so it’s to be expected, but I hope the little buggers start pipping today. :rofl: the anticipation is killing me!

In other news, all the other eggs are doing great despite a few having minor mold growth. Healthy veins inside of them so I’m not terribly worried.

4 Likes

The first one finally started pipping on day 61! They’re really holding out on me :joy:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cd_nQA3luhh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here’s a video I posted on my IG of a snippet of my camera feedback showing the little one pipping the egg. Super cool!

5 Likes

Went ahead and cut the eggs— unfortunately one turned out to be stillborn. The umbilical cord was wrapped around the body so likely explanation.

I kinda wish I would have cut the eggs a couple days early like I was so tempted to do, but I also didn’t want to cut too early and waited for one to pip. I could have saved him, perhaps.

Anyways — it looks like we have 1, maybe 2 mystic potions, and the rest all appear to be pastel mystic potions (including the deceased one) — so it’s cool seeing Lucy was in fact pastel!

Edit: Update pic on the babies, 4/5 have popped their heads out so far. Had to pull them out to check on the one that hadn’t yet, but it’s still alive so probably just taking its time.

Edit 2: Couple babies have emerged from their eggs — I think we have one male and one female so far.
It’s also rather interesting how the pastel seems to have completely wiped the pattern, but we’ll have to see how they look after their first shed.

3 Likes

Almost all are out now — but one came out with the umbilical cord still attached with the yolk… so it was placed inside a little deli cup with paper towel to see if it’ll absorb any more on its own. Otherwise I may have to cut it off and assist feed right away.

4 Likes

It actually has occurred to me that he has a knot tied in his umbilical cord — so I have removed it and will be immediately assist feeding him as he’s much smaller than his siblings. Wish me luck!

Edit: He successfully took down a fuzzy mouse, and has been left separate in the deli cup so his siblings won’t stress him out too much. Hopefully he pulls through!

5 Likes

All them are out now! The runt will be given another day in the incubator to digest his meal, then I’ll put him in with his siblings until their first shed. Happy with the turnout!

I think I have…
2.0 mystic potion
1.2 pastel mystic potion

I’ll likely keep one of the females, I’m not sure yet!

4 Likes

Rooting for the little runty guy!

2 Likes

Here’s the whole clutch all together!
Little Runt kept trying to bite everything that moved though, he’s got a fighting spirit :rofl:

7 Likes

Little Man is my personal favorite, such spunk but definitely the cutest :blush:

3 Likes

Hopefully the runt does well. Hopefully the eating and having a high feeding response is a good sign.

1 Like

I went ahead and cut these two clutches a couple days ago, but the babies look healthy and the first one poked its head out earlier this morning. Since then I’ve seen a couple more poke their heads out!

These two clutches were both sired by our male Lemonfrost, and out of 10 eggs we hit 4 bananas — he’s a female maker so they should all be female.

In Ava’s clutch, we did hit what I believe is an axanthic banana based on what I could find on Google search. If this is the case she will definitely be a holdback!
There’s also a non-banana axanthic in there that looks to be pastel, possibly fire, as he’s got really nice contrasting colors. I might hold him back too to further work into the project.

Edit: babies from both clutches poking their heads out now!

5 Likes

Another pic, first baby from Ava’s clutch is out.
Based on Google searches I’m pretty sure he’s a firefly axanthic — if so he’s definitely gonna be a holdback.

Picture is not great but he’s black and white, no silvering whatsoever on the alien heads!

Edit: better picture, but of course won’t be looking for IDs until he’s shed out!

Edit 2: 3/4 babies are out

4 Likes

Clutch # 2 is all out of the egg!

My guesses on ID (assuming no outliers on sex, I haven’t actually sexed all of them yet):
3.0 normal het VPI axanthic
1.0 fire het VPI axanthic
0.1 banana het VPI axanthic
0.1 banana fire het VPI axanthic

5 Likes

Aaand clutch # 3 all out of the egg too!

My guesses so far:
1.0 firefly VPI axanthic
1.0 pastel het VPI axanthic
0.1 banana VPI axanthic
0.1 banana het VPI axanthic

4 Likes

My personal favorite Holly!

3 Likes

Mine as well! I can’t wait to see her shed out :grin:

2 Likes

Lol, I kind of got that feeling. :rofl:
She is a holdback :cry:

2 Likes

She’s the only visual female I hit this season, so yes very much a holdback :joy:

The other females will likely not be holdbacks though :wink:

2 Likes

Lol :joy:, but they aren’t banana VPI axanthic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. She is super lush.

2 Likes