TRN Reptiles - 2022 Season

Fair enough :joy:

Lucy’s clutch has shed out (mostly) and were all set up in their own tubs. Runt is the only one who hasn’t shed but to my understanding he will likely take a bit longer than his siblings due to being less developed.
3 readily took a hopper mouse as their first meals, and one refused.
I assist fed Runt, as I’m not taking any chances with him! (Not right away, I had left a live fuzzy in with him for several hours — he looked interested but didn’t quite strike at it or anything. With the assist feed he didn’t fight it as much this time, only had to try twice before he started eating it himself.)

6 Likes

Didn’t grab any pictures, but I went ahead and cut Delta’s clutch since it’s due to hatch in the next few days.

We didn’t hit any pieds unfortunately, but there was also only 4 eggs so still could have been just bad odds.
I might repeat the pairing next season just to be sure.

At least I know these babies are all 100% het pied, and I saw two banana and two normals. Might keep one of the females, unsure though since I already have plenty of het pied females.

On another note, Runt is doing well. He’s been assist fed a third meal today, and seems to be putting on a bit of weight.
I’m basically just leaving a live fuzzy mouse in with him overnight, then pre-killing and assist feeding the next day if he hasn’t taken it.
This was a big fuzzy though, almost a hopper but not quite :joy:

7 Likes

He is doing great! He is a beaut!

3 Likes

First baby from Delta’s clutch already poking his head out!

6 Likes

First baby out with Delta’s clutch 🥹

This little girl acts just like momma, very curious and not head shy much at all!

If you look really closely, you can see the egg tooth still attached!

3 Likes

All four babies out of the egg! Two banana males and two normal females. Perfect ratios :joy:

First baby from Ava’s clutch shed out as well. He’s a really nice looking pastel!

3 Likes

He is gorgeous! Congratulations!

1 Like

Ava’s clutch is fully shed out finally! Some help confirming IDs would be appreciated! I’m mostly unsure about the two banana girls.

Pairing was 1.0 banana fire VPI x 0.1 pastel het VPI

Here’s all them individually, along with my guesses on ID:

0.1 banana het VPI
This one I’m fairly sure is just a plain banana.

0.1 banana VPI ?
I think she might be a firefly banana axanthic based on some comparisons with MorphMarket listings, but I’m honestly not sure — there’s not a lot of banana axanthic combos on there to compare to.

1.0 firefly VPI
He’s pretty obvious compared to MorphMarket listings, so I’m fairly confident on this ID.

1.0 pastel het VPI
I think he’s just a nice looking pastel, I don’t think he’s a firefly. He’s bright but not THAT bright!

And them all together! (Which shows their colors a bit better and more true to life)

8 Likes

Clutch # 2 is all shed out!

Didn’t get individual pictures yet, I need to set up a nicer photo box of some sort so I can have something more consistent.

Pairing:
1.0 banana fire VPI axanthic (female maker) x 0.1 normal

My IDs:
0.1 banana het axanthic
0.1 banana fire het axanthic
1.0 fire het axanthic
3.0 normal het axanthic

There’s two “males” that have no obvious hemipenes when I attempt popping them… I’m still gonna sell them as males but it’s a bit odd :joy:

4 Likes

Clutch # 5 update!

Came back from the long trip to drop our boyfriend off back home… and the next clutch started pipping!

I cut all the eggs, and to my surprise… no pieds. This was supposed to be banana pied x het pied!
So either I got really bad odds or Penny isn’t actually het pied.

Woke up this afternoon and those first two came out of the egg:

They look so unusual — maybe something else going on here? The banana boy has REALLY bright oranges in his “alien heads”…. Penny looks similar, lack of “eyes” in the alien heads and big stripe at the end of the tail.

Here’s Penny for reference:

4 Likes

Delta’s babies have also shed out, and they’re looking great! I might keep the two females from this clutch since Penny didn’t produce any pieds.

4 Likes

Clutch # 5 out of the egg!

These guys look so funky with their patterns… what’s going on here?

Unfortunately one didn’t make it. He’s much smaller than his siblings and his yolk looked to have hardened/wasn’t absorbed.

3 Likes

The bottom banana is still my faveeee. :heart_eyes:

I’m sorry about the one that didn’t make it. Was this the one with the pinhead? :cry:

Yeah, he was the one with the pinhead — I wasn’t expecting too much from him because of how small he was, it looked like he had crawled out of the egg and just passed away, still attached to the yolk

It’s unfortunate, but not much I could have done besides maybe removing him from the yolk like I did with the other baby from Lucy’s clutch and assist feeding right away, but considering how quickly he passed I’m not sure it would have done any good.

At least the other babies are healthy little chunks!

2 Likes

Love healthy chonks! :purple_heart:

They are the sweetest little chunks!

2 Likes

All four of Delta’s babies took their first meals with no issue first offering, pretty happy about that!

3 Likes

Last clutch of the season (clutch # 6) started pipping this morning…

I went to bed, woke up to find two more had pipped! So I went ahead and cut open all of the eggs.

Here’s the babies:

Lots of cool variation! Pairing was a 1.0 yellowbelly x 0.1 pewter — I’ll post an update once they’re all out of the egg!

5 Likes

This little guy unfortunately had his umbilical cord tied around his body. I got it loose, but somehow it was still tied in a knot so I had to remove the yolk.

He’s fully formed, but very weak, so I set him in water for a bit to let him drink, then set aside in his own little deli cup with a damp paper towel for overnight.

Hopefully he pulls through and is doing better tomorrow, he’s really pretty.

5 Likes