Urgent burn care advice

Looks like you got tons of good advice and help here. Speedy recovery little guy!

1 Like

Administering the oral painkiller went without a hitch, I’m really surprised! But I’ll have to keep and eye on him for a bit and see how he responds.
He also drew something rude on the lid of his iodine bath lmao, gave me a little giggle

3 Likes

Iodine solution is a definite need
IR heat gun to measure surface temp
Anusol in the event of a prolapse
Silver Sulfadiazine is proving to be an important one
Of course things like reptile friendly disinfectant etc are always useful, and I’d recommend having a few quarantines available at all times.

Anyone else feel free to add to the list c:

1 Like

I love snake doodles! Even the rude ones. Glad the medicine so far is going without a hitch. Keep us posted on how the snake does. It’ll be interesting to see how this progresses.

2 Likes

Nice one :+1::+1:
I’ve got to stock up on frozen rats next week so while I’m there I’m going to grab the rest.

In my cupboard at the moment I have:
Beaphar mite spray.
Beaphar deep clean disinfectant.
Zoo Med shedding aid.
Vetark Tamodine wound cleaner.
Habistat antiseptic hand and surface disinfectant.
And spare equipment such as a thermostat, thermometers, heat mats, substrate, old smaller hides and bowls.

How is this provided?

It’s just a spray that you use directly on the reptiles scales. Luckily I’ve not had to use it so far so I can’t tell you how good it is, I just bought it just in case.

1 Like

In that first aid kit add:
*F10 as a sterilizer, topical antibacterial, and antibacterial inhalant.
*Avoid any povidone/iodine/betadine that include isopropyl alcohol: very painful in wounds.
*Alcohol prep wipes for administering shots.
*Antiseptic/disinfectant wipes with benzalkonium chloride (great for minor wound cleaning and general disinfection).
*Swabs/q-tips
*Mineral oil: can be a shedding aid and great for removing adhesives (like tape or labels) from ‘wandering’ snakes.
*Tweasers

2 Likes